Minor setbacks won't break you!

Options
After not working out or doing any physical activity since Thursday, and a weekend trip to New Orleans (where we ate HUGE meals 3 times a day....so good), I decided I had to get back to the track to make sure I wasn't too off course.

Usually I run 2 miles sometimes 3 and call it quits. Yesterday, I effortlessly ran 5!!!!
I thought that it was going to be a struggle to make it 2 miles after all of the yummy/calorie packed food I ate during the weekend (not to mention the alcohol that was consumed...LOT of alcohol).

It just makes me realize that it really is okay to mess up (I really did...for 3-4 days). I'm right back to where I was and I feel great.
YAY!

don't get discouraged, after all the effort you've put in, a splurge every now and then isn't going to hurt you !!

Keep it up!

Replies

• LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    After not working out or doing any physical activity since Thursday, and a weekend trip to New Orleans (where we ate HUGE meals 3 times a day....so good), I decided I had to get back to the track to make sure I wasn't too off course.

Usually I run 2 miles sometimes 3 and call it quits. Yesterday, I effortlessly ran 5!!!!
    I thought that it was going to be a struggle to make it 2 miles after all of the yummy/calorie packed food I ate during the weekend (not to mention the alcohol that was consumed...LOT of alcohol).

It just makes me realize that it really is okay to mess up (I really did...for 3-4 days). I'm right back to where I was and I feel great.
    YAY!

don't get discouraged, after all the effort you've put in, a splurge every now and then isn't going to hurt you !!

Keep it up!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Nicely said. It sounds like you had a great time!
  • Thielet
    Thielet Posts: 7
    Options
    Geez...thanks a lot for the post. I was just thinking, as I was listing my food from today, that I seriously blew it! I had a really difficult day at work, and I'm getting sick (sadly, for me, I get super-hungry when I'm sick...everyone else I know can't eat a thing. Lucky me. :ohwell: ), so I didn't really pay attention to what was going in my mouth. As I added everything up, I found out I went way overboard!

In fact, the past few days have been sort of up and down. I think part of the reason is that I'm guessing on a lot of foods 'cause not everything I eat is in the database (like the amaaaaaaaaazing, super-spicy garlic chicken I had today from the Chinese place next door). So I might be in the ballpark, I might not be.

Anyway, thanks for the general encouragement. I haven't lost any weight thus far (just a lot of lose-a-pound, gain-a-pound days), but I'm really starting to take seriously what I eat.

Best wishes!

T
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a little rest and relaxation is just what you need to jump start your metabolism. I find some of my best work outs come after I have indulged a bit.
  • Heatmiser
    Heatmiser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for you message. I fell off the wagon Sunday and haven't been able to get back on. Don't know if its the homemade Easter candy my good friend made or "aunt flo" coming to town, but it SUCKS!!!!! I am getting back on track tomorrow. good luck !!!:laugh:
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this.... I was thinking just the same thing. I got off track early last week and am trying today to get back on track, I did good until supper tonight and i didn't get my walking in. Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to do better tomorrow.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add that my jeans that were tight before i left on the trip, now fit perfectly.

Don't give up!
    a new day will begin tomorrow and its another chance to prove what you can do/lose!