Merina Coil

Options
After losing just 4lbs in the space of 4 months, I have come to the conclusion that it could well be the Merina Coil that is making me struggle like this.

I have been doing absolutely everything right and should well have lost more weight than I have.

Any other ladies had problems with the Merina Coil?

Replies

• fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have had it two years and have no issue with weightloss.

If you truely believe that it is causing the problem then you should visit your doctor to discuss.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i gained loads on the mirena. They told me it wouldnt be the cause, but if you look on the internet, its not uncommon at all
  • soniarosina
    soniarosina Posts: 19
    Options
    Yes I've read about it all over the internet. I shouldn't have gone for this one, I should have stuff with the gynefix that had no hormones in it but I let the health clinic talk me into it, having pcos too, probably wasn't the best idea. I have never ever struggled this much with weight loss before, I have done everything I possibly can. It's ruling my life at the moment, not good at all.

I've got my holiday two weeks today which I should be looking forward to but I'm just not.
  • soniarosina
    Options
    suzycreamcheese, did you get your merina taken out?
  • soniarosina
    Options
    Well I got my merina coil out and lost 2lbs pretty much in the first few days. Feel so much better, less bloated and am very positive about my future weight loss!
  • soniarosina
    Options
    Well I got my merina coil out and lost 2lbs pretty much in the first few days. Feel so much better, less bloated and am very positive about my future weight loss!
  • HairDoctor07
    Options
    its crazy i got my merina out yesterday and ate regular...but added a candy bar and chips and pritty much over my calories like 100.....and i weighed myself this smorning and im down 2 lbs overnight! CRAZY!