HELP ME.

Options
My parents want to go to Outback... and there's a Grilled Chicken Sandwich with fries, but it's a little over 1,100 calories. However, i worked out today and got negative numbers, so I have about 1,900 calories left today. What should I do?! Opinions!

Replies

• Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I would cut everything in half. Portions in restaraunts are so large, you could eat and be full with less calories than they have posted. I think your numbers can give you some peace of mind, but I wouldn"t let that decide what you eat or not eat.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    get the sandwhich but swap the fries for salad with dressing on the side.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'd get the sandwich and enjoy it-- if you've got a negative net for the day you could use the fuel.
  • OPC2011
    OPC2011 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks! I'll use both of those ideas if I get that. Now we're deciding takeout and such.
  • OPC2011
    Options
    But isn't it you have to burn more than you eat to lose weight?
  • jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Their outback top sirloin, steamed broccoli and a dry baked potatoe is a great option as well...less calories
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    MFP already accounts for a deficit so you eat the calorie allowance they give you.
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Be glad you have parents who: 1) are alive 2) love you and 3) take you to Outback. Enjoy your dinner. Sounds like you are doing well with your goals anyway. Eat sensibly, but enjoy your food, and their company. Signed, a parent of three daughters. :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I usually get the smallest steak they have, with 2 veggie sides (plain without butter or anything like that on them), or one veggie and a plain baked potato (I don't mind eating them plain, with a sprinkle of black pepper). This ends up being quite reasonable in the calorie department - it's just high in sodium. I drink lots of water when I eat out, so it usually works out okay.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    But isn't it you have to burn more than you eat to lose weight?

Just to clarify - as long as you set MFP up so that your goal was to lose weight, then MFP has already given you a calorie deficit. Your goal should be to eat very close to the total calories MFP gives you to eat, even with any extra exercise calories.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Late to the party, but I hope you ate the sandwich AND fries. You'd still have left your calorie deficit 800 calories bigger than it was supposed to be after that.
  • OPC2011
    Options
    Haha, I got a turkey sandwich and a salad from Arby's.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Sirloin...medium rare w/ baked potato and steamed vegetables.
  • Carlamere84
    Options
    Whenever I know that I'm going out to eat, I work out like crazy. I do a few fittness DVD's, and I dance on Just Dance with the Kinect or the Wii. It's a fun workout, and it burn a lot of calories. Then I can eat ALMOST whatever I want when I go out to eat. I don't like getting salads and small food stuff when I'm out to eat. I like to eat what I want. I've even lost weight doing this. As long as you burn off the calories, you can eat whatever you want. If you don't have time that same day to exercise, do it the next day.
  • jadecatherine
    Options
    I would cut everything in half. Portions in restaraunts are so large, you could eat and be full with less calories than they have posted. I think your numbers can give you some peace of mind, but I wouldn"t let that decide what you eat or not eat.
    i agree
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Be glad you have parents who: 1) are alive 2) love you and 3) take you to Outback. Enjoy your dinner. Sounds like you are doing well with your goals anyway. Eat sensibly, but enjoy your food, and their company. Signed, a parent of three daughters. :)

^^ Exactly. Signed a momma of 5 and grandma of 2 :)