Hello

vrowdyval
vrowdyval Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, my name is Valerie and I am new to this website. So far I love it! I am also a yo-yo dieter with little success. My goal is to lose 40 pounds. Best wishes everyone!

Replies

• SOBAY311
    SOBAY311 Posts: 33
    Good luck! I know you'll find this site very helpful. I know I have, and I've only been here for a week. :bigsmile:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Hey! Welcome!!
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    sobay310 - you lost 17 pounds in a week?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    nevermind - i just saw that your ticker was set up differently than mine.
    not to take away from your accomplishment!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,133 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hello, Valerie,

Welcome to MFP

This site has changed my life. I had given up on ever being able to lose weight. I found this site by accident in February and remarkable things have happened.

Take the time to learn about all the features of the site and make use of them. find a group to check in with every day. Look under "Motivation and support". there is group called 50+women for the month of May and lots of other very supportive groups.

I log my food before the day starts so I don't have to be making food decisions when I'm hungry. I make a plan and stick to it.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

You can succeed if you work at it.:bigsmile:
  • vrowdyval
    Thank you Barbicat...and congratulations on the 33 lbs lost!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • vrowdyval
    Thank you Laura...and GREAT JOB on the 42 pound loss!!!
This discussion has been closed.