Polar FT7 HRM

Options
So, there was no where in my instruction when setting my Polar FT7 that said i needed to find and set my max heart rate..all it asked was for my Age/current wt/Height/sex so i did that and i have been using it and loving it!! But sometimes when i workout like when i am doing something that does not get my heart rate up that high it will beep and say limit? WHat does this mean? I was not suppose to program in my Max heart rate? If i am, i dont know how? lol Does anyone else have this brand?

Replies

• ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I don't think you program in your max heart rate with the FT7. I have an FT7 and don't recall doing this. I If the heart rate the watch is displaying is jumping off the charts you may have a connection issue or its not reading correctly. Are you wearing the strap tight enough, in the correct placement, did you wet the sensors on the strap? Sometimes these thing will cause the monitor to read really high to the point it maxes out the watch.
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your info..yes i am doing all that right...it actually will beep for a second when my heart rate stays low..like if i am doing something that keeps my heart rate roughly around the same..like when weight training or slower movements that my heart rate is staying around 120..it will make a beep sound and i will look at the watch adn it will say limit? There is no where in the book that says anything about this....I can do HIGH cardio like Turbo Fire and i can get my heart rate up to 180 it does not beep or anything,,,its when i do lower heart rate stuff....But i put all my info in correctly and its not suppose to have your Max HR put in, so im not sure what that means? lol But i am just going to ignore it i guess.
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a polar and I would say that maybe its because when your heart rate falls below the "Zone" . But mine does beep when I go above my zone also, so I know I need to slow down.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The Polar FT7 calculates you're heart rate automatically when you set it up, by using the 220-age equation.

What "limit" means is it found the limit to determine the fat burning/fitness zone. If you flip screens while in training mode, you'll see a split screen with a number in the middle. That number in the middle is the "limit" between fat burning and fitness.
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies!!:)