New! Want to find support & give it. :)

Options
Hiya,

You can call me Missa :)

I just downloaded this app on my phone a few days ago and decided it was a good place to start. Now I'm on the site wondering what to do next. I know for myself it helps to have other people (hopefully friends :) support me and encourage me. I want to provide the same for other people too!

I've had a hard time doing anything like this because I'm super afraid of the judgement. But I've been reading forum posts and this seems more like a safe place. So I've decided to open up here and hopefully will continue! (I get bad at staying on track, or I TOTALLY forget about things, ugh!)

I've struggled with food since my early teens. Now I'm 26 and weigh much more than I would like. This comes after a long stint of being very, very ill, then getting diagnosed with fibromyalgia. This is my biggest challenge! It was easier for me to stay in shape when I was younger because I would just run or whatever until I couldn't anymore. Now if I over do it I'm in bed for 2-3 days :( NO GOOD!

So I'm trying to learn balance. One thing I've never been good at! I really want to lose weight and get healthy but have given up so many times because of the fibromyalgia. It is so hard to workout when your body is weak (from being so ill) and you have something that makes you hurt, all the time, for no reason. It's sooo hard for me to quit after only a short period of time, I just wanna keep going! But I have to make myself otherwise I will be paying for it the next day!

I am looking to build up my stamina and endurance and to start feeling better. Oh and drink 2 liters of water .... EVERY DAY!!!

Send me a friend request, post here, send me a message! Any advice is good advice :) (As long as you're not a jerk, then you can go away.!!)

<3 Missa

Replies

• chellelynn30
    Options
    Start small and try not to over do it. MFP is an awesome place to meet people and get the support and motivation you need.
    Good luck to you!
  • Hysiq
    Hysiq Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you. That's what I'm trying to do but sometimes it's so hard!
  • Hysiq
    Hysiq Posts: 12
    Options
    I think rambled too much... XD

How about this: I want to help support understanding people and get some support back! Please add me and let's help each other out! :)