Needs some freinds to talk healthy to as keeping this a secr

Options
Hi all, I'm a 31 year old mum to 3 who has always been up and down in weight. I'm at my biggest ever now and this time I havnt told a soul as find its tooo much pressure to eat infront of family if they know I'm healthy eating. My biggest weightloss was just over 3 stone back in 2006 and that is what I'm aiming for again. My mind is in the right place but would love some friends for motivation for those dark days when craving bad food. Thanks for reading me babbling on about myself. Katie

Replies

• mochaphobic
    mochaphobic Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I'm not on here as much as I need to be but am working on getting better. I find that having a support system here really does help to encourage and motivate me. :)
  • ajmaccar
    ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! Feel free to add me if you like. :smile:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I completely understand that feeling of not being able to share with your closest family and friends. It makes you feel very vunerable.

Hang in there! You can do this.
  • krssm
    krssm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank-you for such kind replies and amazed by your weight loss, huge motivation straight away!!!
  • katieklg
    katieklg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I'm always worried that they will see me fail ... again. Not this time though ... I just started and we can do it! I'll send you an invite!
  • metisgirl
    metisgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You can definitely add me as a friend if you like...
  • tazz61
    tazz61 Posts: 7
    Options
    Don't feel alone, I am 50 years Old and a Grandmother of 3 .. All my life I bounded up and down like a yo yo, My husband as Battled Cancer for 3 yr's now. he lost 40 pounds and I have put it on, So I did the Same thing. The 1st of the year , I started changing my Eating Habit's.. and excising, I am a short person only 5 '1 and everything that goes in my mouth goes to my hips. It get's worse as you get older and is a lot harder to lose. That thing called Menopause does not help either. There are day's I just want to eat Sweets and no Food, Hang in There !!! We Can do this..
  • Bonniebigbutt
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been up and down on my weight all my life and I am new to MFP. My family are all skinny including my loving husband and 8 yr old daughter. So its hard for them to understand what and why I am eating differently. I also understand how hard it can be to take care of yourself with the pressures of taking care ofyour family. You're not being selfish for putting yourself back on your list of priorities and having support is so important.
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Add me, too! You're the second person to mention a "stone" as weight. Just added a gal who mentioned it and said a stone is about 14-15 pounds. Add me - I'm always up for great/motivated friends.
    Judy
  • kate1959
    Options
    Please add me, too. I just started today and would love to have some friends to go through this with. I understand completely about not wanting to tell people. My husband is just the opposite...he tells everyone! 8-)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a 31 year old mum to 3 who has always been up and down in weight. I'm at my biggest ever now and this time I havnt told a soul as find its tooo much pressure to eat infront of family if they know I'm healthy eating. My biggest weightloss was just over 3 stone back in 2006 and that is what I'm aiming for again. My mind is in the right place but would love some friends for motivation for those dark days when craving bad food. Thanks for reading me babbling on about myself. Katie

hi Katie! Please don't hesitate to add me as a buddy and that goes for anybody else on here too.

Support works wonders!!
  • niki23poet
    niki23poet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • ljb82
    ljb82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me actually! I'm one of those "closet dieters". I've told my partner and a couple close friend but I mostly keep it secret because of the pressure and fear of failing. But really this is no way to live!! I'm slowly trying to come out of my shell lately and get the support I need!
    Best of luck!! :)