Eating healthy?????

Options
naynay
naynay Posts: 3 Member
I have a major sweet tooth and am trying to stay away from sweets and eat healthier to be in better shape. I play sports almost all year round and want to be in shape for them I am coming into my swim season andI have been trying for the past month to eat clean. It isn't wprking we always have ice cream and junk food in the house. I also don't know how much of wha I should eat to stay healthy. Please Help!!!!!!

Replies

• Bunbun
    Bunbun Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a really sweet tooth too and I find that if I am craving chocolate, I will eat a teaspoon of peanut butter (or almond butter) and my craving goes away! Or if I want chips, I will take celery instead. Try to eat something that has the similar texture...I find it helps! And pretty soon, you will find that you have less and less cravings! Good luck!!! :smile:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    I satisfy my sweet tooth with a protein shake made from: 1/2 c. skim milk, 1/2 frozen blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 scoop beachbody whey vanilla protein powder, blended together. It's about 180 calories, reminds me of ice cream, and it's a great snack after working out.
  • pattitricia85
    pattitricia85 Posts: 376
    Options
    if your family keeps junk in the house you could buy some frozen yogurt w/ reduced sugar. also, i know some people on here are anti-cool whip but i love to cut up some fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries) and mix it w/ a few tablespoons of lite cool whip. so yummy!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You can start with the food pyramid-- http://www.mypyramid.gov/index.html and then adapt it to what you need. You can never go wrong eating your fruits and vegies. Try to get 5-9 servings a day and 3 svgs of proteins, fill in with whole grains and 2-3 healthy fats like olive oil or flax seed, nuts. You have a healthy diet. My problem with sweets is when I get hungry I won't prepare anything, I just eat what I see. So if you can keep the junk out of the house:noway: an impossible feat for me it seems--then you are half way there. Also don't get too hungry try to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. And prepare like there is no tomorrow. If I have a good idea as to what I am going to eat I do better. My worst time is between lunch and dinner--If I have vegies to set on the counter to graze on I am better off too. Any way good luck, I am battling the sweets demon, and not winning this week!:grumble: :explode: :mad: :noway:
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Anyone have any idea how to not eat at night...I do so good all day then at night I get the munchies and want to eat everything in the house until I find whatever it is I'm craving...
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate jello cups! Only 60 calories and so yummy

~Leash :heart:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any idea how to not eat at night...I do so good all day then at night I get the munchies and want to eat everything in the house until I find whatever it is I'm craving...

I started eating bigger meals during the day and saving room for a snack before bed...I aim for some lean protein with some carbs. I do three meals plus my snack before bed. And I drink quite a bit of water in the afternoon.
  • boomer0688
    boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth as well and I find it harder to diet when you deprive yourself. Here are a few ideas that might help you out. They are stil under 250 calories and help curve your sweet tooth.
    1.) One sugar free jello pudding cup, 2 low fat honey maid graham crackers crumbled and mixed in with the pudding and 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip Free to top it off!
    2.) 1 cup Lilly's canned pumpking warmed up. Mix in 2 tsp cinnamon and 3 tsp of splenda brown sugar
    3.) 1 small bannana ( 6 inches or less), 1 sugar free jello pudidng cup, 3 tablespoons sugar free strawberry preserves, 2 tablespoons cool whip free

Hope this helps!!
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I recently bought Skinny Cow Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches - No Sugar Added and they were delish! I honestly couldn't taste a difference. I happen to find that with a lot of sugar free items.
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    Options
    I agree that depriving yourself of somehting you crave is no way to live! I also crave sweets and have found the following to be very good substitutes that satisfy my cravings!

Hershey's sugar free special dark chocolates
    Dryers No sugar added 1/2 the fat ice cream - neopolitan, cookie dough, mint chip, double chocolate
    Sugar free jell-o pudding cups
    Murrays sugar-free chocolate bite cookies (70 calorie packs) -- in the cookie aisle
    Strawberries with coolwhip free
    Diet Swiss miss hot chocolate mix
    100 calorie bag microwve kettle corn
    fiber one bars
    muscle milk light 100 calorie drink boxes (chocolate, vanilla or strawberry)
    Luna bars
    Fruit!