Weight Watchers

Options
anybody on weight watchers? I started a little less then a week ago, i like it so far. How successful has it been for you?

Replies

• Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It completely failed for me. I lost a whopping 1lb in 7 weeks so I quit. I did food diaries, ate only weightwatcher branded foods and for some reason nothing was happening. The advisor was puzzled. I tried Slimming World and I lost weight pretty quickly.

Because I I couldn't justify paying out money to get weighed when I'm out of work and on low income if I'm not losing weight it made sense to quit. If it had been working I would have stuck with it. Also i was the only guy in the group and nobody was talking to me so i gelt like an outsider.

I hope you have a lot of success with weightwatchers and achieve your goals :smile: I you are ever slimmer of the week or reach one of your targets don't forget to post it on here and tell us so we can congratulate you on a job well done! :bigsmile:
  • jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just started back on WW. I was on it before and lost 60 pounds and when I slacked off and quit I gained it all back. The system works if you work it ... :)

But you have to work it! My friend joined with me and never tracked and he failed and quit.

I have come to the realization (better late than never) that it is a life long life style change I need to overcome my constantly overeating.

I met a lifetime member who has been on maintenance for 17 years. He was slim and looked good and I asked him what his secret it and he said there is no secret you just never give up. If you mess up and then just get back on track.

This time using MFP, YMCA and WW I am going to get down to a normal weight and I am going to keep it off because I know I have to change the way I think not just do a diet until I am at the weight I want and then I am done. That has been my mistake for many years!

Good luck! My WW leader Susan is one of the most amazing motivators I have ever met!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Worked well for me, and I learned a lot from them. Even today I find I make better choices just by thinking of the point system.
    I prefer MFP, though. I just find it easier.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have been doing WW since 10/22. I've lost 19 lbs.
  • slc150
    slc150 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've tried it a few times over the past few years. I felt like the whole "support/meeting" thing was lacking. I never felt like part of the "group". I'm not really a that shy of a person either. The new points plus system is good, easier than the old system. I've gotten more support on my fitness pal, and it's much easier to use than weight watchers site. =-)
    Good luck!
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    I've never been to a meeting or did the on-line thing. I started WW many years ago when they still sold the at-home-kit.
    First time I was on it, I lost almost 60 lbs. Then I fell off the wagon and gained it all back, plus some.
    Second time I was on it, I lost almost 80 lbs. Then I got pregnant and gained it all back, plus some.
    I'm on it now, and so far have lost 55 lbs (32 to go).
    It's the only program that works for me. I incorporate the WW points with counting calories and MFP, etc.
    But I do the old program, I don't like the new one.

Good luck!!!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just did WW online and loved it. I had just had a baby a few months before and wanted to lose the weight. I ended up losing 35 pounds. I weighed less than I did my senior year in high school!

I didn't go to meetings just used the online system. I ate right and made their yummy recipes. The only reason I'm not on it again is cuz after Christmas I'm struggling with money and didn't wanna pay for it. Being already on it, this website is just enough for me.

I encourage anyone and everyone to try weight watchers. You eat good food and still lose weight. I'm only back at the losing weight part cuz I got too busy to watch my eating habits and work out and gained about 15 back.
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm doing the online, not the meetings, but I feel better about what i'm eating and how much then I did b4. I like MFP, but I feel like WW gives me more structure. My first weeks weigh in will be Sunday, so i'll see just how well I did...lol
  • outofideaz
    Options
    I am desperately trying to get my head back in this in order to lose 30lbs by May but I don't want to pay for WW so I'm using the old plan info my neighbour gave me a few years ago. Anyone else not following Points Plus and willing to share ideas and support for the old WW plan?
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've tried it a few times over the past few years. I felt like the whole "support/meeting" thing was lacking. I never felt like part of the "group". I'm not really a that shy of a person either. The new points plus system is good, easier than the old system. I've gotten more support on my fitness pal, and it's much easier to use than weight watchers site. =-)
    Good luck!

The fact that you found yourself in the same situation as i did, not feeling part of the group, lack of support could cost the advisor their job as WW lives and dies by that.
    What WW and somilar clubs do are rely on the fact that you make friends a the group. If you are thnking of leaving because you've stopped losing weight or are becoming fed up with it, they are relying on you thinking I've made all these friends here and if i leave i won't get to see them. I'll really miss them, so i'll stay a little bit longer.
    When I was going to WW i was hearing of people that had been going for 2 years and had lost 2 stone (28lbs) When you work it out thats 28 divide 24 months equals a loss of 1lb aa month approx. One pound approx for the cost of 4 weeks payments. That's shocking!

IMO you should always make sure that you are using WW and similar groups and not vice versa. If the weightloss stops and you are keeping to what they are saying then seriusly look at if it's time to call it a day after a reasonable time period has passed.