Is anybody anemic, vegan or epileptic

Options
I am all 3, unfortuneately anemic and epileptic. If anybody is any of the three i'd like to be friends with you. Unfortuneatly, most people can relate to weight loss, toning, encouragement, and advice, but I haven't seen anybody on here that can relate to any of the three. Thanks for "listening"

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm anemic and vegetarian...:-)
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan, and 2 of my friends have epilepsy. :flowerforyou:
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    Just anemic
  • sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    vegan and anemic!
  • shawty55
    Options
    I'm vegan. :)
  • cmccune712
    cmccune712 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am anemic
  • BustyTransformer
    BustyTransformer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Last time I was checked I was anemic.
  • JeanMargaret
    Options
    I'm anemic. I take prescription iron pills that have B vitamins in them.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    it's nice to know there are people out there, esp the anemia, since it has made me feel like im going to fall down sometimes and I have a 2 year old so thats very scary, like my legs would buckle at any moment. It seemed like I was alone and people always claim it's because I am vegan, although I've been vegan for 6 years and this is new. Any ideas on how to get more? I am already on a supplement, just started about a month ago, so it really hasnt taken into effect as of yet. And weirdly enough, hubby just brought home some crackers and they have iron in them. That will help, I love crackers, especially with peanut butter :) I'd love to have more friends on here. I'm new.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    My sister is an AMAZING vegan chef. She has a blog you can check out at veganhomemade.wordpress.com/. She makes some of the best desserts I've ever had, and I'm definitely not vegan. She made cupcakes for my wedding, and I'm pretty sure they were more popular than the wedding cake OR the groom's cake. She made a cookie dough cake a few years ago before she moved out to Cali that was to die for, with little bits of cookie dough in it.

If you have any questions about vegan food, hit her up. She is extremely knowledgable about recipes and substitutions, as well as nutrition. Although she's not as health conscious as I, she also lost quite a bit of weight about 6 years ago.
  • minervasp73
    Options
    I'm anemic :P

I take iron every single day - but energy is a problem.
  • VendettaMachine84
    VendettaMachine84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm severely anemic, I have b12 injections at least once a month.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm also severly anemic, for the last month I have been taking 3 - 300mg supplements a day, but I still don't feel great. I get re-checked soon. Its only been an 10 year battle to get it up and steady. Not vegan, I like cheese too much for that! And my brother has epilepsy so I know a bit about that too.

Feel free to friend me!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm epileptic and I'm here to lose the 80lbs I piled on when I made the biggest mistake of my life so far and agreed to go on medication for it.
  • samcches
    Options
    I'm epileptic and doing just fine. Keeping the stress low and taking a taurine supplement has really helped. I've also heard that Epson salt baths help too.
  • auctoritas
    Options
    If you're epileptic you could look into a keto diet. I don't know if it would help with the anemia, but high fat, moderate protein, very low carb diets have been used to varying degrees of success in controlling or eliminating epileptic episodes in children. It's not in high use medically now-a-days because of the advent of epilepsy medicine, but is still used when a patient is resistant to treatment.

It is notable that while non-medical keto diets are 1:1 fat to protein, medical keto is 6:1 fat to protein. I've seen anecdotal evidence that a 1:1 or 2:1 keto ratio might help with problems anyway - at the very least, I've heard from people that it controlled or stopped chronic migraines, and both migraines and epilepsy are caused by very similar events in the brain.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    forgot to mention i interned on an epilepsy floor in a hospital for a year, so i'm pretty familiar with epilepsy!