Afraid to friend!

Options
This is ridiculous.

I've been faffing about on this site since I joined last night & have been Ghosting in & out of Topics, reading about funny, interesting & desperate people, with my finger hoovering over 'Add as Friend' button & I keep cancelling!!!

I'm afraid I'll be a bad dieting friend! because I know I can give good or uplifting advice & support but feel I'm a hypocrite because I can't control MYSELF...

Yep! I'm a loon... :ohwell:

Replies

• annabelle125
    annabelle125 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request-- all you have to do is say yes.
    Don't be afraid, I'm in the same boat.

Anne
  • Mrsdaffy2
    Options
    Thanks Anna :) Here goes...
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Think about it... it's ALWAYS easier to give advice than follow it! We are all guilty at some point. Just knowing that you are fighting the battle of the bulge with us IS support. Don't let your caving ability stop you from adding friends. They can give you uplifting advice and I'm confident you will do the same. Don't be so hard on yourself! You can do this! I can too! I have 70 pounds to lose, but I'm sick of fat controlling my life. It's kind of like dumping a significant other, divorcing, or losing a friend for good reason. It's not gonna be easy, but we'll get there!!! Add me as your friend. We'll work together!
  • rcolli1
    Options
    You are not a loon - I've done exactly the same thing. I'm going to send you a friend request too. Soon as I figure it out!!
    lol

Renee
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Live on the wild side!!! HIT THAT BUTTON!!!! You will be surprised at how well you will do! :flowerforyou:
  • Jnine25
    Options
    way to go, Anna! Five pounds is a great start! I'm at a loss of two pounds in three days. I'm really exciting to keep it going! Add me as a friend if you like. Good luck on the weight loss journey!
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    don't feel like you have to come in having self control. I believe we are all here to learn from each other. You may not know self-control right now, but perhaps you maybe able to offer other much needed advice.
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    No worries... I'll friend request you :) It'll feel nice to have some support. The more the better because people disappear sometimes here.
  • Sandydee60
    Sandydee60 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just remember we all have made poor choices and that is why we are here! Except those with medical conditions of course.
  • Mrsdaffy2
    Options
    Geez, Thanks Ginnie & the rest of you guys, I'm panicking a little but here goes... :)
  • strawberry123187
    Options
    Think about it... it's ALWAYS easier to give advice than follow it! We are all guilty at some point. Just knowing that you are fighting the battle of the bulge with us IS support. Don't let your caving ability stop you from adding friends. They can give you uplifting advice and I'm confident you will do the same. Don't be so hard on yourself! You can do this! I can too! I have 70 pounds to lose, but I'm sick of fat controlling my life. It's kind of like dumping a significant other, divorcing, or losing a friend for good reason. It's not gonna be easy, but we'll get there!!! Add me as your friend. We'll work together!

^^^^^^^^^
    Totally agree with this and have almost the same amount to lose as well, anyone feel free to add me, it really does help just knowing you're not the only one fighting the fridge lol
  • BoopsyBoop
    BoopsyBoop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm socially akward lol. I have the same problem too with adding new friends, but hey we are all here for the same reasons! Adding you now! :)
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'll friend you :smile:
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am having difficulties with this as well. This is the first time I have signed up for a community like this and I am afraid to find friends. I prefer waiting for someone else to make the first move. However I feel I need a support community since my weight and health have stagnated and I am not sure how to get it kick started again.
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was the same way when I first joined. Sending you a request!!
  • Jnine25
    Options
    Thanks for agreeing! I'm new to this site and I'd add you as a friend but I haven't figured that out yet :-)
  • chickidoo1121
    chickidoo1121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you! I just joined tonight and I know I need support. I give up on myself quick but we can support each other. We can do this together!
    Tonya
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    I have to agree with you a little. I read a lot of the forums and there are some very nasty and judgemental people on here. I just don't want to deal with all of that. I'm on a medically prescribed diet of 1000cal/day with reduced carbs. I've seen some hostile responses about people that deviate from the calories set by MFP.
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • strawberry123187
    Options
    I still always wait for people to send me one first, I think some part of me feels like "well what if they click no?" lol silly on here I know since everyone's always so nice but still.....