Using Facebook & Twitter (and Google+) for Motivation

Options
There is a great deal of discussion on the downfall of facebook and I-don't-get-twitter. Rarely does a day pass that I don't see a posting about deleting one or the other. I disagree.

If you are truly committed to making MFP work for a healthy and fit lifestyle, I strongly suggest you link MFP to these social media. I post my workout results automatically to both and the motivation and support from those generally outside MFP is amazing especially on facebook. Friends constantly see calorie burns and strength exercises as my main postings day after day and begin to take notice and comment in a positive, supportive manner. Equally gratifying are the number of people you may inspire. I couple this with checkins from foursquare (facebook & twitter) and latitude (google +) at the gym. I've received so many inspirational comments. We all need to be motivated as well as motivating others.

As an aside, if you choose to do so, I caution you to be careful what you decide to automatically post from MFP. Check the settings to make sure you are comfortable with the content being automatically posted.

Replies