Sodium made my weight jump up 5lbs over night?? please help.

Options
:mad: SO..please help me out here, cuz im a bit confused!...PLEASE!
my weight this week went to 130.2, last night went out with my hubby for chinese food (i know lots of sodium, & i didnt hold back as it was my "cheat night") I get on the scale this morning and i'm up 5 pounds ! I keep getting told "watch your sodium".."drink more water"... i usually am below my sodium (2300-2400) and water, im usually close to the 70oz/day!..what am i doing wrong? seems like when i DONT go to the gym my weight is better, when i do the workout my weight goes up?!? im a confused mess...but i know there are very smart friends out there, that will share your thoughts... THANKS :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Mine will do that too. I double up on the water for the next couple days, and it flushes it out. After a day or two, I am usually back to normal.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Chinese is loaded with stuff to bloated you
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It might take a couple days for you to lose it, but it will come off soon enough. You do have to drink a lot of water, but 70oz is hardly enough to clear out a night of salty Asian food. I drink more than that on an average day. If it's the day after a salty day, I could probably drink a whole gallon and still not have all the bloat out of my system.
  • shanea98
    shanea98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    THere is easily 18OO mg of sodium in just the sauces alone in those restuarant not to mention the noodles and so forth. Most restuarant food is loaded with it as well due sodiums use as a preservative. It may take you a few day to flush that sodium out of your system. Water soduim work against each other, so the more water you drink the more sodium you will escrete.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you're not use to working out and then start too sometimes you're body will retain water, once your body gets adjusted to the exercise it'll stop doing this. I forgot what the whole process is called but its something to look at as a possibility.