Warrior dash - Maryland 2012 anyone????

Options
HI all,
I am going to be moving to Maryland for a new job in a couple of months. I was interested in really challenging myself and a friend happened to mention something called the Warrior Dash. For those of you who don't know it is a 5K run with obstacles including mud, water, fire, etc. It looks really fun but I don't want to do it alone. Anyone interested? I don't know anyone in the area and don't think my friends will come down to rural MAryland to get filthy.

Check out the website and get back to me....

I think it's mid year so there is plenty of time to train. The website has suggested workouts to download for free.

CHeers,

Garietta

Garietta

Replies

• prinxessdeb
    prinxessdeb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in Delaware. How far away will you be?
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    YES! YES! YES!

I was trying to get it scheduled for this year, but we had scheduling conflicts! I haven't looked at the website in a while - I will have to check out the dates.

Welcome to Maryland, where will you be living?

Mary
  • jocraw66
    Options
    I won't be there but I've done a Warrior Dash and it is the most fun! I hope you can get someone to join you. I'm anxiously awaiting for the next one in here in GA and then in NC which is where I just did mine in August.
  • ekley
    ekley Posts: 1
    Options
    I did the Oregon Warrior Dash and it was awesome! I tried to get a team and ended up doing it by myself. You should still do it even if you are going solo! I had my family there cheering me on at the finish. Good luck!
  • falsecho
    falsecho Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think I will be doing MD on the 19th with my brother and then driving down to do NC the 20th.
  • gariettafalls
    gariettafalls Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Date of the Warrior Dash: Either May 19th or 20th
    Place: Mechanicsville, MD

It's a three hour drive from where I am living so I'm thinking it is in the boonies. I am looking to get a team together, maybe motivate each other and train through MFP, and then in May run the race together...
  • kiwipez
    Options
    Count me in!
  • kiwipez
    Options
    Anyone else interested?
  • spencer72
    Options
    For those interested...
    http://www.warriordash.com/register2012_maryland.php

It's the weekend of May 19 & 20, races on both days!

Good luck to all warriors - SEE YOU THERE!
  • amalzingsong
    amalzingsong Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at this. Only problem is I'm not the most fit person but if other people are doing it I may want to partake!
  • rainmd
    rainmd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting ...I would be interested in doing it and joining your team ....give me something to work towards on my fitness journey . I live in MD so if you are interested you can add me as a friend

Do you know what part of MD you'd be?
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    I just signed up.... Can't wait for May!!