290 calories left!

Options
I still have 290 calories left for the day! Should I eat something, or not worry about it? Is it okay to be this much under your cal goal?

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    290 calories is fine occasionally - but I wouldn't shoot for it every day. You should have a minimum of 1200 calories daily, but you can even go below that occasionally and be fine - just like you can very occasionally do the opposite. I'd say eat if you're hungry, but don't eat if you're not.
  • KarlDR
    KarlDR Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I probably have a higher target than you (2600), but I go under by similar amounts most days after exercising, then have the odd day where I go over. As long as it pretty much balances out in the long term and you don't drop below about 1200 you should be fine.
  • ericalyn93
    Options
    Correction, it's 280 I still need for the day! lol. I am currently sitting at 1232 cals for the entire day.
  • smp1986
    Options
    Your good as long as you hit that 1200
  • ericalyn93
    Options
    Your good as long as you hit that 1200

Okay, thank you! :smile:
  • meagen_2177
    Options
    I have over 900 available....and I don't plan on using them!! It all depends on the intensity of your workout for the day, and I would say that what I have leftover fits! I'd say as long as you don't feel like you need to eat them, don't. :)
  • BrooklynBeast
    Options
    I have plenty of spare calories left for today. I gladly sell them to anyone who needs them.