Yay for me!

Options
I had to share a day of success under usually tempting food circumstances. Today I had a day to myself to relax, and normally I would end up feeling like I wanted to "reward" myself for a long week (plug in any reason). Instead, I spent time in Whole foods, my favorite grocery store, looking for new healthy ideas for healthy cooking instead of looking for sweets and treats. The whole day, I didn't eat one single cookie, baked good, or comfort food. This is a HUGE accomplishment for me! I can't remember the last time I was able to avoid temptation and keep my mind focused on making healthy decisions.

I still have ways to go, but man what a great success today was!

Replies

• gunnroadapartments
    gunnroadapartments Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I LOVE WHOLE FOODS! Congrats on the success! Sweets and Bread are my downfall :( lol! I'd have to admit this is my first DIET soda of the week, so i'm treating myself! Good Job!
  • trlrnrgrl
    Options
    Oh man, me too - I LOVE baked goods and sweets of any kind. It was hard to resist their bakery case, but I did it!

WTG on your diet soda!
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    Yay - good on you! I was pleased for a similar reason when I attended a birthday party BBQ today. I didn't go nuts, and have entered my food since returning home and am still under for calories. Normally, I reckon I would have eaten at least twice as much as an event like that with so many temptations (blush). It's great because I don't feel like I was really deprived either, and no-one else would have noticed (I still had something from main and dessert, but just made wiser-than-usual choices).
  • Deborahzell
    Options
    wOW good for you, I know just how your feeling,the second day of my diet,someone at work brought in glazed doughnuts, I was so proud of myself,I never touch them. You go girl!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!