EXERCISING LATE AT NIGHT

Options
I don't like exercising in front of my family so i wait until they go to bed. So i end up working out at like 3 or 4 AM. Is this okay or is it better to workout during the day? I know it sounds like a rediculous question but i would really appreciate your comments.....thank you

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    most busy people with families get up early to work out. i know people who get up at 430 to work out then get the kids off to school. I dont think it will be any damage to your body compared to not working out. however it is important to get enough sleep as well
  • klcatterton
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather go to bed early and then wake up in the middle of the night to exercise. I always feel more awake/refreshed after exercising!
  • trlrnrgrl
    Options
    I say go with whatever is most comfortable for you, whether it's 3 am or 3 pm. Like a lot of moms, I've been known on more than one occasion to get up at 4 am to go for a 5 am run, which doesn't seem that much difference, time-wise, than when you're exercising. Good for you for finding what fits and sticking with it!
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Do what you have to! I'm actually more productive late at night. I'd probably work out late too if I didn't have people living downstairs.
  • jlira01
    jlira01 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    And I thought I worked out late at 10:30 or 11pm. Workout at anytime is better than no workout. I notice that i sometimes have to go to sleep and skip a day if I have to late nights and early mornings.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is the time that you are most likely to do it! :smile:
  • karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i'm a shift worker, so its always a weird hour when i workout!! the only thing it does to me is give me strange dreams! haha! I think as long as your being active in some way regardless of the time you exercise or eat, your on your way to being more healthier :)
  • jiggs262
    Options
    In the big picture I would say it doesn't matter. But there are time that can benefit you a little better, but you are still going to burn the calories.
  • kegonzales
    Options
    As the poster above noted it's important to get your sleep as well. So as long as you are still getting 6-8 hours of sleep then you are probably fine. However, if you don't sleep it makes it very difficult for you body to let go of weight. After I had my baby I was exercising and eating really well and after weeks of no result I asked my doctor. She told me that until I started to sleep more I would not notice any results and she was right. As soon as my little guy started to sleep more then the weight started to drop. Getting healthy involves being smart in all areas: nutrition, fitness, sleep, lifestyle choices, etc. Good luck and good for you. I certainly could exercise at that time.
  • michellef216
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice and time. Maybe i will try to get my husband to do it with me and then maybe i won't feel so uncomfortable. I guess working out anytime IS better than not working out at all.....Thanks again all
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You gotta do what you gotta do. I don't workout until 10pm most nights because of the kids and daily clean up and all that fun stuff... I'm sure people have their opinions... But you have to do what's going to work for you. Although I will say be sure you are getting enough sleep because that can hinder your weight loss efforts. Good luck!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I get up early@5:00 am , need to be at work @ 7:00.am I have read that working out in the morning works better for your metabolism.. But i hate working out in the morning. I have always work out late in the evening, the only draw back is i have so much enery that it is difficult to go to asleep.. But in the morning when i wake up i feel good, and well rested. So to make a long story short, it all depends on YOU. Just keep moving. Exercising does the body good.