low carb lunch ideas? Other than salads

Options
Im getting so bored with food. what can i eat for lunch thats low cal and low carb. Im sick of salads.

Replies

• KWiedel
    KWiedel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The low-carb veggies either roasted, or in low-carb soups. Stir fry shredded cabbage in olive oil and top with soy sauce, tastes like chinese food. :)
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sausage with sauteed eggplant topped with a small amount of tomato sauce
    Make a wrap using a low-carb tortilla - Joseph's is a good brand
    Hamburger with lettuce as the bun
    Stir-fry
    Soup - mushroom or chicken are good choices
    Grilled chicken breast with grilled veggies
  • annaliesag
    annaliesag Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art13376.asp

Here's a site with a couple ideas! I've been looking for some new ideas myself, so i'm curious to see what ideas people have!
  • crobinson0923
    Options
    sometimes i just put what i would put on a salad on top of shiritaki tofu noodles... changes the flavor some
  • yoginilisa
    Options
    How about a sandwich on a Flat Out Wrap? They are pretty low carb, high fiber, and delicious. Lean protein and bag o salad for a quick fix. I also bring leftover protein item from dinner and a frozen vegie to microwave.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I like tuna salad. I use 2-2.6 oz. Packets of chunk light tuna, 1 tablespoon of light Miracle Whip, and 1 teaspoon of pickle relish. Macros are below. Add an egg for more protein.

Calories 215
    Protein 36
    Carbs 9
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Grilled meat and spinach (just put the baby spinach in uncooked with the grilled meat -- cover and microwave to heat the meat and wilt the spinach)
    Chicken legs and veggies
  • promgirl2013
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    I love making tuna melts minus the bread ---- 1 can of tuna, 1 tsp of lite mayo, chopped peppers, tomatos (whatever veggie you like) and an ounce or two of LF cheese -- pop it under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese bubbles!! YUMMO
  • CharlieLopez2005
    Options
    Kroger's Carb Master yogurt--4 carbs, 60 calories per cup. Many flavors.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps (instead of bread or tortilla), tuna melt (sounds good right now!), I usually pack leftovers - whatever protein+some veggies. Last night I made chicken fajitas (added mushrooms & zucchini to the onions & peppers for more veggies) and used it over a salad. For lunch today I re-heated the leftovers, and added cheese & sour cream.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just got around to eating my breakfast but it's a good easy LC lunch too! Tuna, mayo, shredded cheese, a diced up dill pickle. Add salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash to taste. I scoop it up with Sammi's Bakery Plain Millet and Flax Chips! YUM!!!

I have also gotten into the habit of cooking extra at night and bringing a good hot LC meal from home for my lunch. Later today will be mexican shredded beef, broccoli and green beans! (Beats a sandwich any day)!

You could also try meat, cheese and pickle roll-ups, a LC soup, a bunless burger (make some Oopsie rolls to replace the bread with). I also love to make taco and burger bowls. Put your meat and all the toppings you would typically have on a burger or taco in a bowl and eat it like that or with millet and flax chips!

If you don't want to pack, you can always go get chicken at KFC or rotisserie from the local grocery store. Add a little cheese and/or small amount of your fav sauce and you would be good to go!
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Google "Linda's Low Carb" for some great recipe ideas. I dont eat salads often. I stick with a lot of slow cooker meats.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have Rotisserie Chicken, Chicken Wings, Leftovers, Soups, Stews, Rollups, Meatballs....
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My favorite is low carb broccoli cheese soup. It takes about 10-15 minutes to make and it is SOOOO good! Tastes like the sop at Panera Bread!! I love, love, love it!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Kroger's Carb Master yogurt--4 carbs, 60 calories per cup. Many flavors.

Ooooh! I love yogurt and have really missed it!! Gotta get me some of that!!
  • Iacono66
    Options
    Ground turkey with some salsa, fat free sour cream and maybe a sprinkle of reduced fat cheese. Just had it for lunch and it's yummy!
  • jules1202
    Options
    Turkey chilli is good (left overs)

I do stir fry with chicken and just leave out the high carb veggies and rice (sauce is a mix and I use splenda instead of reg sugar)

Spaghetti squash with sauce and turkey meatballs

Slow cooker spicy chicken stew

Deviled eggs (with splenda if you like things sweeter)

Low carb shake when I am feeling really lazy
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Bump.