Slowly falling off the wagon........

ang1977
ang1977 Posts: 21
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Started slim fast about 3 weeks ago. The 1st week was great, exercised, ate right and was rewarded with a 4lb loss. The past two weeks I have slowly tapered off. This week has been the worst. It has rained every day which has limited any outdoor activity and really put a damper on my mood which has also limited any indoor activity. It's only going to get worse this weekend with everyone home and Memorial Day activities going on. I'm sitting here on this computer thinking about exercising but have not gotten up to do it. I have to get my butt in gear and get over this discouragement. I can only blame myself for this. Thanks for listening. I needed to vent!

Ang

Replies

• Krowe
    Krowe Posts: 14
    I know exactly how you feel. my first week on here i lost 3lb! but ive since lost the motivation. i havent done any exercise this week and dont know where my motivation has gone! hat feeling like this but dont know what to do to kick myself into gear!

krista
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Ang,

GET OFF YOUR BUTT!!!!!!!!:angry::angry:

Put on some fun music and dance!!!! If your cable system has exercise TV, do one of the videos. Push-ups, sit-ups. Just get moving!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

And IMHO, real food will satisfy you better than SlimFast!:smile:
  • Use this weekend and your friends and family being around to motivate you. You'll feel better after getting the excercise. It's okay to splurge a little over the weekend as long as you burn off some calories by taking a walk with a friend or going for a bike ride. You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Sit down & write out what you want to accomplish with weight loss, fitness, etc... Is it smaller clothes? Is it health reasons? Is it simply to feel better about yourself? Once you see the "why" of it all in front of you, it might be easier to get up & move! You are doing this for a reason! What is yours?!

If all else fails, I always find that a full length mirror in a dressing room made me reevaluate my plan. :embarassed:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Ang,

GET OFF YOUR BUTT!!!!!!!!:angry::angry:

Put on some fun music and dance!!!! If your cable system has exercise TV, do one of the videos. Push-ups, sit-ups. Just get moving!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

And IMHO, real food will satisfy you better than SlimFast!:smile:

I agree about real food! I forgot to add that to my reply! :drinker:
  • Hang in there girl... With the summer here, its only going to get harder. But keep in mind that this is the true test and if you can make it thru this Memorial Day weekend... then July 4th, you will be fine. Think of creative ways to fulfill those cravings (the right way). Its OK to indulge every now and then but with the proper moderation. Don't kill yourself by any means in terms of fighting hunger pangs. I do my calorie counting (1200 a day) 5 days out of the week and 3 days of exercising. On the weekend I take a break but remain consious of my intake... but I enjoy not having to "count". After a while, it becomes a part of your daily routine and your appetite and body will adjust accordingly.

Hang in there :)
  • ang1977
    ang1977 Posts: 21
    Thanks for everyones kind words and reality bites. You are all right. I did get off my butt and got some good exercise in this morning. I will not let this beat me.
This discussion has been closed.