People That Piss Me Off At The Gym

Options
Ladies have you experienced this before?????

People That Piss Me Off At The Gym ....:noway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_yc6AKXLI

Replies

• Strobins05
    Options
    I attend an all Ladies gym, and I PROMISE YOU, there is ONE lady that 95% of the members despise due to her rudeness and disrespect of gym rules. We have lost members because of this too, sadly. Owner had numerous talks with her but they do not want to tell her not to come back. Yep, this ish been going on for over two years!
  • sydanne33
    Options
    Guys that make ridiculous noises when lifting weights or using equipment.

One guy in particular at my gym has to make a loud grunting sound anytime he does ANYTHING....my headphones don't even block it out!!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I attend an all Ladies gym, and I PROMISE YOU, there is ONE lady that 95% of the members despise due to her rudeness and disrespect of gym rules. We have lost members because of this too, sadly. Owner had numerous talks with her but they do not want to tell her not to come back. Yep, this ish been going on for over two years!

like when people talk on their phones for 15 mins! shuuddaaaup & work ouuut lol!!!!!! :noway: I guess thats what headphones are for!!
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I love JennaMarbles lol

I have experienced this SO much!! Especially considering I like to spend 80 minutes on an elliptical total, and depending on the machine have all sorts of intensities going on. My favorite is when I was at my parent's gym over our winter break, this guy would come next to me, probably in his 30's, and he'd always look at me as if I was about to die or get off the elliptical (at 25 minutes usually). Well, he'd get on and start doing this one legged swingy thing, showing off his awesome ability to make the machine go with one leg (yes, oo aaa everyone was so impressed). But uh, then he'd start to look over a little confused when I was at 45, like what's this girl still doing on? Then he'd seem happy when I reached 60 and the machine would stop.

Best part was, after 30 seconds I'd add another 20 minutes and he just seemed CONFUSED.

It always made my day when he would get off when I still had 15 minutes to go :)
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    One other thing, last night this girl got on the elliptical next to me with her friend, did EXACTLY what Jenna said (oh I'm going so fast at zero intensity!!), but worst of all, SHE WAS SINGING so loud I could hear her over my music. She got off after about 8 minutes, lucky she did because I was about to explode!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    the folks that put the tread mill on 5mph and on a 20% incline and have to hold on to the front part not to fall off ..... IT ANNOYS THE EVERLOVING **** OUT OF ME!!! slow it down or drop the incline if you need to hang on your going to fast! errrrrrrrrrr
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Guys that make ridiculous noises when lifting weights or using equipment.

One guy in particular at my gym has to make a loud grunting sound anytime he does ANYTHING....my headphones don't even block it out!!

I so hate this!!! We all see you lifting 500lbs. It's not impressing me, so get over yourself.

VeganKelli: That always happens to me. I just give them a look when they get off as I continue my workout for the next 30-40mins.

But what I hated the most when I was at my gym before law school is when men would be on the other side of the gym and be pretending that they were in the rest phase of a set from doing their weights and sit there and stare at me while I was working out. That is soooooooo awkward.
  • 13nicholas
    13nicholas Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Whistling in the locker room should be banned. Singing on a treadmill in public is wrong. :)
  • mybeach27
    mybeach27 Posts: 243
    Options
    I just LOVEEEE how guys will not only grunt when they lift their 5 bajillion pound weight for their one rep (may I add with completley bad form...lift and jerk:) but then they will sit on the bench for the 30 more minutes that they are in the gym and just watch TV or stare at any female who happens to be working out or putz around with other guys and b.s about how much they can max...lol they never really do grow up! Also, I hate how the guys set up all the machines with their weights and do their circuit training...I go to a pretty small gym so when they come in and do that it completley screws up my whole workout! Bleck! Lol, well, that was my rant of the day :) ciao, bellas
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Above all I can not forgive or excuse sweating on and not wiping down equipment. Nor can I stand people that hover and jump on your equipment before you get to wipe it down. I always come back and say "really, that's so gross!"

Finally quit the gym and to work out outdoors or at home. Some gym people are so nasty!
  • MsMarketeer
    MsMarketeer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My gym has tv's on the wall (not on each machine) and I just LOVE when the place is totally empty, and some guy has to come in and get on the machine directly in front of me, blocking my view. I mean geeze! There's a whole room of machines...you're butt's not that cute!

I also cant stand when people bring their kids to the gym and expect them to sit quietly while they workout...and even fuss at them for coming to ask how much longer they will be. So unfair to the kids.