Take aways?

ilovedogs
ilovedogs Posts: 77
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Just say you stick to the calorie counting all week and are really good, will it hurt to have just one takeaway? We like to have a saturday as takeaway night, this week it will be chinese, we alternate between chinese and indian. When we have chinese we both share - egg fried rice, sweet and sour chicken balls (i have about three ) beef chow mein,chips and a small bit of curry sauce, oh and I eat about four prawn crackers. I dont go out at all and dont smoke, I do have two glasses of wine on a saturday. This is my treat for the week. Am I just undoing all the work through the week?

Replies

• tuna33
    tuna33 Posts: 12
    In short...No, you're not undoing all your weekly dieting...

BUT

You should kind of plan that day around your meal then if you can. Maybe do some extra exercise, or eat a little smaller portions of your other meals. I'd tend to go with the extra exercise though.

Just remember that fat loss is all with calories in and calories out, so for a that week if you've burned 2000 calories and that one day you have a surplus of say 500, then you've still burnt 1500. (That's just a random example, not real figures)

Hope this helps!
  • jagodragon
    jagodragon Posts: 32 Member
    i tend to fail once or twice a week and i am still averaging about 2 pounds a week, so just like ilovedogs said, just be carfull about it and you should still be fine ;) good luck and try to enjoy your day off from the diet, and try not to get depressed if it shows the next day. it will come back off a day later (if you keep at it)
  • ilovedogs
    ilovedogs Posts: 77
    Thank you both for that, you have cheered me up.:bigsmile: My data says to eat 1200 cals and excersise 3 times a week, however the average weight loss is only 0.9lb.
    How do I lose 1.5 - 2lb per week?
  • tuna33
    tuna33 Posts: 12
    No problem.

To up your fat loss, what you want is a higher calorie deficit.

Just like I said, calories in and calories out is what it depends on.

There is 3500 calories in 1lb of fat, therefore 3500 calories burned = 1 pound of fat loss.

But it's not as easy as this, you will still want to be getting at the very least 1200 calories a day, should maybe have a little bit more if you are just starting though. Also don't fret over losing a lot of weight at once, 0.9 pounds a week is very healthy for weight loss because you should be losing roughly 1 pound a week if you're following it correctly, 0.9 is right on target.

I guess after all that blabber, my suggestion would be just to exercise more if you are worried about it. You certainly do not want to eat less that's for sure, especially not below 1200 calories.

Best of luck!
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    You can up your weght loss per wekk by exercising more -- 3 days a week would be the minimum, I would think. That's receommend for just healthy maintenance of the body. See if you can bump to 4-5, or even 6 days a week. THen you really wouldn't feel so bad about that takeaway night. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.