the Zumba class

Options
hey guys ive been doing the zumba fitness class for the past 3 weeks 3 classes/week has anyone else done this class and have noticed changes/weight loss?

-olivia

Replies

• superflygal747
    superflygal747 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Olivia,

I started Zumba class this week on the recommendation of a friend who has dieted and Zumba-ed three times a week. She swears by it as a fatburner. I certainly enjoy the music and prefer this way of fat burning as opposed to running, cycling, rowing etc, although I think they burn more fat.

We'll await the results!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 3 times a week I have seen little change (probably because I was still eating everything I wanted), but my sons friend does it and she has lost 50 pounds.
  • Hoothill
    Options
    Good morning!! Just began Zumba this past Tuesday and heading there, again, this morning!! So far I'm loving the music and movement and the hopeful-calorie burn!!! SO much fun!!! :-)
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Most of my exercise (cardio) since starting with MFP has been Zumba. It's a fun way to burn calories and how much you burn depends on the intensity of the class.. all instructors are different.

I do 2-5 classes a week. I also walk/jog 1-2 times a week and do dumbells 2-3 times a week. BUT I LOVE Zumba!
  • Hyster1
    Hyster1 Posts: 75
    Options
    I have done it since last March it has helped me lose 47lbs and doing mfp. I love it, having a good time doing it.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since April last year & saw big results when I found this wonderful site & started logging in August.

It's changed the shape of my body & my abs are slowly beginning to show themselves. It's well worth it :smile:
  • lindypayne
    Options
    I started Zumba last February and it definitely sped up my weight loss.I was going to the gym 6 days a week with my neighbor and I only lost 10 pounds in 6 months. Zumba helped me take off 30 pounds in 6 months. I was taking the class 4 days a week because I actually became addicted to it. Since stopping the class due to a move, I've barely lost any.

If you love to dance, I highly encourage it. But it's like any other workout, you have to find what works for you and the program that has you waking up each day feeling energized. I have never missed a Zumba class because I love to dance. My neighbor on the other hand, couldn't get into Zumba and stopped working out all together.
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes! I started with Zumba. I still do it like 3-4 times per week. If you love dancing Zumba is for you!
  • MsTeeBoo29
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba recently and my instructor told us that we can easily burn between 800-1500 calories easily. I'm just starting therefore I don't see any results or proof of this just yet but hopefully it will come soon. I love the class. it's fun and makes me feel really sexy when we put on the belly dancer belts. :O)
  • lissadavis
    lissadavis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    can anyone recommend a good Zumba DVD?
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to find something you like- as someone who has NEVER liked to exercise it is hard to keep it up. I love Zumba- so much fun and I have to keep my mind on what's coming next so I'm not thinking "How long is this going to last!?"
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to find something you like- as someone who has NEVER liked to exercise it is hard to keep it up. I love Zumba- so much fun and I have to keep my mind on what's coming next so I'm not thinking "How long is this going to last!?"

I've never thought about this but you are right! LOL>>>I have to think so much about my next move, there is no looking at time or distance,etc.
  • oliviaseward
    oliviaseward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ya'll are awesome wheres the like button? haha thanks for all the great feedback