About to hit 70Lbs lost, over 24% Body fat shrunk, Be my fri

Options
Hey all, I as most of you, have been using the site for a while and never really thought about using this in a "FaceBook" way with friends an such, but I'm starting to live on here so I figured what the heck.

Brief introduction to be is in June 2011 something erupted due to a bet. I had a co-worker that said verbatim "Man Nick you're looking really chubby since you transferred here. I bet I could lose more weight in 30 days then you could." Seeing that I never back down from a challenge and I refuse to lose at anything the bet was on. We started a "Chicago's Biggest Loser" with a $50 buy in and what started as 2 guys "Aw Yeah Brah?" challenge turned into office wide 16 people $800 on the line contest. We ended up pushing the competition to 60 days and did it by total weight lost, something I actually regret now learning about Lean Body Mass, fat loss, muscle loss, but at the end of the day I won by 1.2Lbs. The rest is history.

I'm slightly OCD by the environment I was raised in, OCD mother about cleanness, but I'm not the OCD of checking locks 4 times. The reason I bring this up is because I OCD about thoughts and things I'm passionate about, nutrition. If you have a nutrition question, questions about how long a refined carbohydrate takes to absorb break down versus a complex carb, I'm your guy. I read about 1 - 3 books a month in addition to research being done with nutrition. I live on Body Recomposition, Lyle McDonald's site, and I've started reading more of Alan Aragon's studies. If you have no clue who either of these two men are you need to A. Go google them now and B. Start reading.

Goals now are to continue to lose Body Fat since you don't want to lose weight!!! (TRUST ME) you want to lose Body Fat. Need help figuring out your Basal Metabolic rate, Daily Caloric Needs, Macros, nutrients, I'm your guy :)

In other words: Hello, let's do this.

PS I sound crazy after re reading this lol, but I'M FUN! :laugh:

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey, congrats on winning the bet and the weight loss etc.

X
  • RyanEParker
    Options
    Congrats on winning man. Guess the rest of them aren't as motivated as you eh? :)
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    congrats on winning and of course on losing the weight and lowering your body fat and I don't think what you wrote sounded crazy at all :)
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    *Bows her head in respect!!! (That's the kind of stuff I'd write on a friend's FB wall - and it would be genuine!!! :smile: )

Congrats you!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    You have done an amazing job and the challenge was just the thing that jump started all this ( educating yourself & getting healthier ) so that is TERRIFIC!
    Since you like challenges - maybe you will find another one ( on MFP or outside MFP ) to take you even farther ...or possibly in a new and wonderful direction.

Good luck on your journey.

Keep pushing forward....
  • RunnerLynne
    RunnerLynne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow - awesome job!!!!!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Great job! Add me as a friend! I can always use another friend who knows their stuff!!!!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Cool :) Congratz on that success, all of us love success stories that keep us motivated! You're awesome :D
  • MaynardLD50
    MaynardLD50 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) It's about not dieting (sounds so short term) and accepting this as a lifestyle change, a new habit.