Working hard but didn't know where the weight was coming
Off.. Then today I weighed in and I've now
Put a kilo on!! Wat is going on?? I've been
Excersing and changing my routine, I've been
Eating 1200 cal I'm devastated!

Replies

• missfluffyuk
    Options
    It's probably just water weight. At any rate, it's not really possible to lose *fat* that quickly.

If you make your diary public we can offer better advice.
  • KylieBarstow
    Options
    It's just one day! Don't let it get to you. It could be a number of things. Too much carbs, or sodium for instance. How often do you weigh in? And you should weigh in on the same day and same time every week. Don't worry too much. Your body constantly fluctuates.
  • mybeach27
    mybeach27 Posts: 243
    Options
    Also, remember that muscle is more dense so it will weigh more than fat...just something to keep in mind!:)
  • luwalmsley1983
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations on losing. That's great. It really, really is.

Nothing I say will probably make you feel any better about the kilo going on however I think it maybe a case of your body balancing out, 7 kilos in 6 weeks is a fair bit. It MAY be that if you're sticking to just the 1200 and working out that you're not giving your body enough fuel so it's decided to hang on to what you're giving it. I work in pounds and stones (I'm in the UK) and figure that whilst you've lost a steady kilo a week it's over 2lbs a week which is a lot.

Sounds like you've done the first thing I'd have suggested, change your gym routine. Next thing to do is start to eat back some of those exercise calories burned off. If you went back into your settings and changed your activity levels to match what you're doing I'm guessing it would give you more cals to eat a day. Same difference, if you're moving about more, you're more active, you'll need more fuel.

Plus - have you done your measurements? You'll probably find you've lost a stack of inches.

Stick at it, you know already it works.

Also are you female? If TOMs on it's way you could be retaining water too - drink lots of water to keep hydrated (sounds bonkers I know but it's true, drink more not less), if it's this it'll disappear in no time.

Lucy
  • lillybug11
    Options
    Thanks guys, I do feel quite heavy in my legs today
    After a few squats yesterday, do you think this would affect the scales?
    Also when I started at 79.9kilos I was 44% body fat now that I'm
    73kilos it says I'm 48% body fat?

Missfluffyuk I've been doing this with the help of my dr and he did assure me that
    A kilo a week is fine, and it's always possible you will lose alot to start off with.
  • ViolaEverAfter
    ViolaEverAfter Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Keep going!!! You got this!!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Try not to get so caught up on the numbers. Focus on the difference that you feel in your body: Are your clothes looser? Has your endurance improved? Are you able to do more reps before feeling fatigued? Also, be sure to watch your sodium, fat, sugar and carb intake. Pre-packaged food can be terribly high in these and lacking in fiber (which women need at least 25g a day). Your best bet is to prepare foods yourself so you can control what goes in it. Above all, don't panic. Body weight fluctuates daily for any number of reasons (fluid retention, constipation, muscle growth, etc.). Try not to measure your progess simply by what the scale says. Just keep working towards a fit, healthy body and the numbers on the scale will follow.