New to myfitness!!

Options
Hi, my name is Ashley and just joined the beginning of this week! So far I absolutely LOVE this! My past weight loss attempts and food journals have been failures rather often!! I'm 5ft and as of this morning 182lbs (I've lost about 4lbs this week). I never had any issues with my weight until I had children. Gaining 70lbs with my first child I was very discouraged when I didn't loose it right away and never did get all the pounds off! Now that my second is 8mo old and I've lost the 18lbs I gained with her (I was VERY conscious of what I ate this time!) I'm ready to get serious and get the rest of this weight off!! My goal is to be at LEAST to 150-160 by the summer. Wether or not this is achieve-able.. we'll see!!

Replies

• anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ashley! I am Amy!! feel free to add me as a friend!!!
  • lobearjw
    Options
    WOW!!! Your post is interesting. I haven't had the lovely advantage of having children yet but I am currently 18 and a college freshman. I too am 5ft and I currently weigh 185 and my goal weight is like 150-140. :) We could really motivate each other in this. I too am new to MFP but I'm very excited.
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I'm 35 and I have two kids (they are older then yours though, 6 & 9). I had lost weight before kids, then after my second I put on a lot. I lost that with weight watchers, then put on 25 again. Now I'm trying to relose those.
  • gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your goals & feel free to add me! Would love to help you along the way!!!
  • CooieNinja
    CooieNinja Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Ashley!
    I'm new to Myfitnesspal too! :D I'm 17 and am looking forward to reducing at least 15 kgs! ^_^ (Maybe a little impossible)
    I would love to have someone to guide me as well. Even I've tried all kinds of things. Until 10th grade, I was quite active in sports and stuff. But for the past 2 years, I've hardly had any physical exercise for my body. :/:/
    Hopefully, this website helps me! xxxxx (Really excited)
    Oh, and do add me if you want to. You'd be my first buddy here on MFP (:
    Good day! ^^
  • kellymae04
    kellymae04 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just had my second, and with this pregnancy only gained 25lbs and she was 9lbs 7oz. I still have 9lbs until prepregnancy weight and then would like to keep going to 165as my first goal and 155 as my second. I am 5' 8". I learned my lesson from gaining 40 (but starting overweight) with the first. Good luck to you!!
  • TheConsumerQueen
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Melissa and I work a full time during the day and run a blog in the evenings(http://www.consumerqueen.com ) I am so busy and it's so hard to keep up with my diet and exercise. My cousin works with me now and she and I have been going to the gym at least 4 times out of the week at lunch which has been good. So here is to a new me in 2012. I am hoping to loose 20 pounds.
  • lillya20
    Options
    Nice to meet all of you!! And good luck in your weight loss journey!!
  • bobbimae5109
    Options
    A friend from work showed me this sight. I'm almost 25, 5 '4 and currently weight 193. Never in my life have I weighed this much except during pregnancy. I went through a rather nasty breakup and ate my feelings and boy did I have a lot of feelings. Last year around this time I was around 155 pounds and even then trying to lose. I miss my size 7 shorts and cute tops. Hoping this site gives me the motivation and encouragement I need to be the best example for my son in life possible. I don't ever want him to struggle with weight like I did. The only way I can think of making sure that NEVER happens is by setting a good example and getting him started in life on a healthy path and hoping when he grows he keeps with what I've taught him.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Yeayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to all of us! Let us all get to our goal in 2012 :D Cheers!
  • tbirman22
    Options
    IM NEW TO THIS! i know no one here:[ hmu we can be fitness buddies! and im going to school to be a personal trainer, i can help alot of you out!
  • Deborahzell
    Options
    Welcome I am new also,feel free to request me as a friend. Your goal is very much achievable.
  • johnjohngarcia
    johnjohngarcia Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am new here and have never joined a community such as this. I am a 32 year old male from Houston Texas. I am looking to get into a little better shape and would like to lose 10-15 pounds. I have no support on myfitnesspal as of yet so please feel free to friend me.
  • lawson305
    lawson305 Posts: 103
    Options
    Congratulations...I always need all the support I can get too...and am open to new friends! Keep up the good work!
  • nickyherg
    Options
    I am new too feel free to add me
    Nicole
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am also a mother of 2 and struggling with the baby weight! I am new to the site and always looking for encouragement - Feel free to add me as a friend!