How many pounds lost before...

Options
You could tell a difference in the mirror? I am down 13lbs today and feeling very happy about my progress in this short period of time but wish I could see something in the mirror! My huband says its all coming out of my boobs and butt but I can't tell!

Replies

• crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Take progress pics every 20 lbs for yourself.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Looking in a mirror, it can take a long time because you're seeing yourself everyday. I noticed how easy it is getting up stairs and stuff first
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I can see subtle changes with every 10 or so lbs I lose. Take pictures!
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You could tell a difference in the mirror? I am down 13lbs today and feeling very happy about my progress in this short period of time but wish I could see something in the mirror! My huband says its all coming out of my boobs and butt but I can't tell!

It was @ -100 lbs. before I could see it in the mirror myself
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    id say every 8-12lbs at obese ody fat levels, 7-10lbs at over weight, 3-5lbs at healthy weight and every 2-4lbs as you start going through fit bodyfat ranges, and then every 2lbs through the athletic :-)

this is my experience anyways, currently i am in the athletic range and every 2 lbs make my stomach look much flatter.
    the sad thing is though that you can probably lose the 7-10lbs at obese levels in the same time frame only lose 2-4lbs at lower bodyfat ranges. i used to take photos every 2 weeks or so and sometimes big changes other times minimal.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends on the person, and where your body stores fat..

the best way to go about it is to take progrss photos, this is the best way to notice a difference as sometimes in our mind we tell ourselves there is not much of a change, when infact there is a pretty big difference. As sometimes we are not losing lbs but we are infact losing fat and replacing it with muscle, so I highly recommend pictures and measurements
  • kattydid65
    kattydid65 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can tell in my clothes. They are alot looser! LOL!!!! Yeah!
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I started to notice when I got past the 25lb mark - other people noticed earlier than that, but it took me a while :)
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Depends on your height and original weight. I noticed with the first five, and people starting commenting about a month in.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Think it took a good 20-25lb for me to notice the difference, and even down 36lb I didn't see a HUGE difference sadly. If you exercise and work on strengthening your muscles it improves the way you look a lot faster than just losing weight through diet. Although other people notice a lot more than I do.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Its taken me 81lbs before I've noticed any difference, but photos show otherwise. Those who see you regularly possibly won't notice the change, the same as you yourself don't when you look in a mirror - I liken it to washing hung out to dry - you don't see it drying, but suddenly you realise it IS dry!

I hadn't noticed any change in my boobs, but I saw some friends last weekend who I haven't seen for a few weeks and teh first thing they said was 'where are your boobies?' LOL

I think that the less you have to lose the quicker it will show on you; I still have a very long way to go, but I've come to realise that patience is a virtue that I need!

Well done on your achievement so far!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Belt notches!
    I counted 6 before I had to cut the belt so it fit better again!
  • KatRat416
    KatRat416 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can't really say I notice differences in the mirror (other people tell me they notice)...but I notice (after 14 pounds) differences. I had to buy new jeans because the others were falling off, I have a shirt that I wear ofted that I noticed fits looser in the stomach area, my bra isn't as tight...Then I started to notice that I can see some of my scars from gallbladder surgery again....I'd gained so much weight that they were so stretched I couldn't notice them...I can again!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    at about 15 i noticed at about 20 other people noticed