Has anyone had any bad experiences at Walmart?

Options
I go to walmart a lot since i have been making jewelry and I like to stay in the aisle for maybe 15 minutes just to make sure I didnt miss anything. So The whole time Im looking for some beads in the back of the store a sales associate named BOB was directly behind watching me. When I went to the next aisle, he went to the next aisle. So then I decide to go to the front of the store to get some cereal and I turn around AND HE's RIGHT BEHIND ME once again. So he and I literally stood there just staring at each other for a minute then he walked away.
Im not going to draw any conclusions about why he was following me because its pretty obvious but that just made me feel horrible. I was just wondering has anyone else had any bad experience at Walmart? It doesn't have to be like mine just ANYthing lol.

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Nope. I love shopping at Walmart. No better place for people watching other than Burlington Coat Factory.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    That was rude on Bob's part. Not sure what he was up to.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    There's never anybody to help you or ask a question...and when you do find somebody they don't know anything about any of the products. Wal Mart in Canada isn't known for quality service or quality employees.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Other than coming to the conclusion that a wal-mart sales associate is really much like big foot and the chances of them existing are slim nothing like you had.

The other day I bought a book shelf and 2 associates watched me load it in my cart alone, there was no one there when I started to load it or I would have asked for the help - I am 4'10 and the box was almost as tall as me.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. I'd say that kind of behavior isn't specific to WalMart -- I've heard of it happening in all kinds of stores. If it happens again, I would consider reporting him to the manager. It's one thing if you were standing there looking around and acting sneaky, but otherwise, that kind of behavior should not be tolerated. *hugs* Try not to let it get to you. His behavior was a reflection on HIM, not on you.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Always, avoid that place at all times.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I like to go to walmart to people watch... The one that is closest to my house is your stereotypical "ghetto" walmart. The worst thing I've seen lateyl is a girl who had to have been at least 2 drinking soda out of a baby bottle. The employees at this one are hit or miss. They're eother super nice, or *kitten*.
  • RL100less
    RL100less Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Other than burning 300 cal just to walk to the automotive isle, No!
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    on christmas eve i was at a kohls with my 2 year old son and his aunt. we tried on some clothes and when we left the dressing room they allegedly thought we had stolen some cosmetics that my friend had in her hand on camera and then must have put it down otherwse.. they nabbed us on the way out the door and brought us to the back looked through our purses [we offered] and patted us down. needless to say we DIDNT steal anything. it was totally embarassing also. ill never shop at that store again.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    I go to walmart a lot since i have been making jewelry and I like to stay in the aisle for maybe 15 minutes just to make sure I didnt miss anything. So The whole time Im looking for some beads in the back of the store a sales associate named BOB was directly behind watching me. When I went to the next aisle, he went to the next aisle. So then I decide to go to the front of the store to get some cereal and I turn around AND HE's RIGHT BEHIND ME once again. So he and I literally stood there just staring at each other for a minute then he walked away.
    Im not going to draw any conclusions about why he was following me because its pretty obvious but that just made me feel horrible. I was just wondering has anyone else had any bad experience at Walmart? It doesn't have to be like mine just ANYthing lol.

I have a bad experience every time I go there (Various reasons). Ugh. BOB is an A$*.
  • ANonnyMouse
    Options
    Yes! When I was younger (like a teenager) and had to go buy underwear I was spending a lot of time in the aisle because I was embarrassed and after a bit the woman working behind the desk at the dressing room just kept watching my every move and eventually while staring right at me called someone and then I heard the call for the "security sweep" or whatever words they used on the section I was in. I was mortified. I've never stolen anything in my life!!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Do you really have to ask this question? Who hasn't had a miserable time shopping at Walmart? I will never walk into a Walmart ever again, but it's mostly from the lunatics that shop there, not the store personnel. Last night my wife wanted to get the movie Bridesmaids, so we pull into Best Buy it's closed she's like well Walmart is across the street. If you go, I will wait right here for you. So I waited in the car. I hate that store.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Walmart at 1AM. No better place for people watching (people bringing their kids in at that hour on a school night amazes me) other than Hollywood Blvd at night.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I avoid Wal-Mart as much as possible. Following customers is not cool, I would go to Customer Service if it happens again.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any terrible experiences, but I prefer not to shop there. Unfortunately, that's really the only place to shop when I'm at school.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    to be honest, I've never really had a particularly GOOD experience at walmart. I much prefer Target or Kohl's .. if I need food I just go to a grocery store
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I will happily pay more at Target to keep Walmart out of my life.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I avoid Wal-Mart as much as possible. Following customers is not cool, I would go to Customer Service if it happens again.
    It's pretty standard procedure when they think someone is trying to shoplift. I don't think customer service will be too concerned.
  • LHSweeney
    LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This happens to me any time I go to any store wearing a hoodie and sweats ..... if I am dressed in my work clothes (business wear), it doesn't happen. "Shopper profiling"...... I used to be in retail and the unbelievable number of people who steal makes the managers and security people waaay over paranoid. It's a shame. I had to actually chase shoplifters down, and I am a 5 ft tall female. It was a very scary and daily paranoid position to be put in and not all of them handle it well. People who do bad things create this society where the innocent get scrutinized for no good reason. Even though I have been in their shoes, it doesn't help me feel less like a piece of garbage when a guy follows me around a store watching suspiciously........You gotta let it go or it will cause hurt feelings that you don't need to carry around.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    My sister was robbed inside a Walmart store before Christmas. When she realized her wallet and money were missing she ran to customer service. As she was trying to explain to the idiots who worked there the thieves were Checking out and spending over $400 on her credit card. When they finally called the police it was too late to catch them. Same thing happened to me at Kohl's last year.