New to this site - so far love it.

Options
kido
kido Posts: 26 Member
Morning - My s-i-l told me about this site yesterday so I'm starting a fresh today. I have a long way to go - 87 lbs. Wish me luck and say lots of prayers. I really need to do this, I turn 50 in November and would like to be heading in the right directions.:smile:

Replies

• SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! I just discovered this site last night and joined up today after poking around and seeing all the helpful tools! Lovin' it so far and it's making it easier to keep track of food and exercise!

I hope you enjoy your time here, the people have been really nice and I hope that we all help you reach your goal!!!
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi and welcome to both of you! :flowerforyou:
    This site is pretty awesome and (as a newbie myself) I have found the community here supportive but also incredibly fun and funny! Congratulations to the both of you on starting your journey here! Can't wait to watch your progress!
  • threeupthreedown
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome.
    I just started last week.
    It is a FABULOUS site.
    YOU can do this!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Katt
    Katt Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome all!! This is also my first week and for the first time I am excited & motivated...WE CAN DO IT!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.:bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. Look on the "Motivation and Support" board and find a group that you can be comfortable with and join them.
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    You have a found a great site that offers much more than just weight loss tips....the people here are very supportive, friendly and motivational....I have found tremendous success in not only using the tools available but the advice I get from fellow MFPers!! Good Luck and welcome to a great site!!!:flowerforyou:
  • kido
    kido Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I know we can do this.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: