when did your belly fat vanish?

Options
when did the belly fat leave? I weight 173 currently, Ive already lost about 60lbs (i started at 235) and my belly has definitely shrunk, but idk, its still the fattiest part on my body and Im noticing everything else vanishing except it haha

I hear belly fat is the last to go, was that everyones experience? would you say the last 30lbs or so all came off from your tummy? how did that work exactly?!

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same... I'm 5'7" and 128 lbs and still have belly fat stubbornly refusing to go. In my 20's this was never ever an issue. Lately I've started strength training with weights, kettlebells and Total Gym and I see some of it budging, thankfully... I want to see my rock hard abs hiding under there! :( It's sad because I have some rock hard abs that are just covered by a layer of fat.
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you have only two options belly muscle with exercise or belly fat :(
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    how much bread and stuff do you eat? try going wheat free for a week or two see if you drop anymore. I always wore sauna belt too so that part sweated more than any other, lost 13" off it so something must have worked!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It is said that in order to get flat abs it is 70% (or 80%) time in the kitchen and 30% (or 20%) time in the gym. So in order to get that you have to eat clean food only, limit your processed food if you can have none at all. This will ultimately help you get the abs you want. I've lost a lot and some of my belly fat still remains but I'm hoping with my new weight training program combined with cardio, it will vanish in a couple months.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    how much bread and stuff do you eat? try going wheat free for a week or two see if you drop anymore. I always wore sauna belt too so that part sweated more than any other, lost 13" off it so something must have worked!

A gluten free diet has helped me as well. I've noticed without gluten or cheese/milk in my lifestyle I don't have arthritis or depression. I've lost some weight since I've changed to a gluten free lifestyle.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think you need to decrease your overall fat % rather than just weight loss. Unfortunately we cant spot target areas we want to lose from but certainly eating clean is a must........ Low Carb, High Protein is working for me :-D
  • ArjanDougan
    ArjanDougan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think you need to decrease your overall fat % rather than just weight loss. Unfortunately we cant spot target areas we want to lose from but certainly eating clean is a must........ Low Carb, High Protein is working for me :-D

^This
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It's the last place you'll lose it.
    Just accept that and get ready for the long haul.

That's reality.
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. Ive lost about 22lb and my legs are super toned. arms are showing a lot of promise BUT the belly fat is my biggest nemesis!! I've just recently upped my cardio- just hoping my legs dont lose muscle tone. I love how they look! lol
    also trying hard to cut carbs and up protein. Hoping it works. cross your fingers for me!
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use a yoga ball and do trunk curls and abdominals/obliques. I am up to 100 trunk curls and 80 abdominals every other day. I started with only 20 trunk crunches. I have a thick midsection and I know I need these to help tone up.
    :heart:

12908857.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • idaretodream
    Options
    Lots of variable...genetics has lots to do with it as well. Could be carbs, I have heard reducing can help, upping fat intake, I have read that has helped, but honestly you have a certain body make up and until you get lower body fat percentage, it will be a burden....I understand, I too have the same issues, but mine is kind of an over all body experience than just one area.
  • RyanEParker
    Options
    Belly fat certainly is the last thing to do. At least that my experience when I lost 40lbs. Initially it looked pretty silly. My arms and legs were nice and lean but everything around my mid-section was still super fat. The thing that did it for me was a little trick I learned from one of the programs I joined. It said to up saturated fats and lower carbohydrates. Sounds counter intuitive but it actually worked.

Ryan Parker
    Rock-Abs.net - How I Lost my Belly!
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I feel you... same problems, but I'm just being patient. I know it'll be the last thing to go, so I'm focusing my energy on becoming healthy. At the end, if I'm near or at my target weight and my belly is still a problem, then I will try to change things up. =]
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Never.

I went from 208 to 138 and it got smaller but never went away.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    It's the last place you'll lose it.
    Just accept that and get ready for the long haul.

That's reality.

TOTALLY this.... :sad:
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    its probly gonna be the last thing to go...... my thighs are my nemesis... up top im so small and toned i can actually see my ribs a bit but those thighs,man, they don't care they want to stay. you just have to keep going..... it CANNOT stay forever... if youre doing your part!
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I started in 2005 at 380, I am 245 today and whilst it has gone down quite a bit, and I did have a tummy tuck to remove excess skin, my recent weight gain of 40lbs just increase the muffin top. I have never had a 'belly' per se, but the middle area just under the breast and above the waist is my issue, and it has never gone away yet. I expect it will be the last fat to leave me!!!
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing alotta reading up on belly fat and it is said that wheat glutens are to blame for this problem. I dont know everything on this subject but one of the books that I read is called "Wheat Belly". Its kind of a tough read because its very technical in spots, but it makes all the sense in the world as to why it seems that so many people have big bellies. And like the one person stated previously in there post, its relieved the arthritis and depression they were experiencing. Wheat glutens are said to be very harmful and Im pretty convinced that this is the key element to why we hold so much tummy weight.
  • tilda_g
    tilda_g Posts: 19
    Options
    bump for interest :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!