Pole Dancing classes?

Options
I know its thought of as something to do with strippers and perverts... but I have seen things on TV showing classes that use pole dancing as an exercise.. and it looks seriously fun!

Does anybody take part in anything like this, and is it any use as an exercise?
I would assume its a lot like dancing... so it will surely be quite a work out if dome right?

Any information people can offer me is appreciated.

Replies

• dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I took classes for a few months but had to quit because it was too expensive. While I did do it, it was a blast and never felt like working out. My arms and shoulders were AMAZING!
  • skirtlongjacket
    skirtlongjacket Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tried a sample 5 classes, and it was really fun! It's not that creepy at all, honestly, everyone was in workout clothes and high heels were optional. You get up in the air on the first class! The morning after my first class, I had to brush my teeth by moving my head from side to side because my arms were so sore! It's fun but expensive, and it can be hard to find a venue.
  • peggers4325
    peggers4325 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I only did it for 1 10 week session.. but I loved it! It's a great workout. A lot of strength training is involved and I found things started to tone up pretty quick!