Squeaky Elliptical

Options
Does anyone out there in Fitnesspal land know any remedies for a squeaky elliptical? I bought a Pro Form Elliptical from HSN about 8 months ago and it has been squeaking for about 3 months now. Ive tried loosening the bolts, taking it apart (as much as I could) and greasing it with the grease they provided. I love having an elliptical at home, but now it is so loud Im disrupting the people in my apartment complex and its enormously distracting for me too, even with headphones in! Any advice at all would be appreciated! I feel like I wasted $400! :(

Replies

• butterflimom
    Options
    Bump~ same problem here. We put WD40 on the back and it seemed to stop it for awhile, but it started back up.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Is it under warranty? Sometimes they'll send a repairperson to your home to make repairs. I had the same problem and had to have some parts replaced and the belt was a tad too tight. He even left extra parts and showed my fiance how he fixed the problem.

Good luck!
  • donaldluv
    donaldluv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I probably have the same elliptical as you. I bought one a few months ago from HSN by Pro Form. I paid $399 for it. I think it didn't squeek for the first week only. I don't have any solutions but i know how you feel. I did my first ifit with Jillian today for 20 minutes. I am so proud. I will keep reading this post to see if someone comes up with a solution.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Go to the hardware store and get something called WD40. It's a mechanical lubricant. Use the straw attachment on the can to target where the sound is coming from. It should help. Otherwise, there's usually a repair hotline number that's in the user manual. Good luck.

(btw, I like the profile pic)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    ProForm!!! When I was looking at buying ellipticals that issue came up from with everyone that had one. That's the only reason why I got a Schwinn/Nautilus. From what I read, there is a balance thing at the bottom of the elliptical that need to be adjusted whenever it starts getting squeaky.
  • ginacs6
    ginacs6 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys! Thank you!
    Yep Donaldluv, we definately have the same one. Awesome long stride, easy to move. I love it so this totally sucks!
    Butterflimom and Tomomatic, thanks! I will go pick some up Immediately after work and keep my fingers crossed!
    ChitownFoodie, I will look at that bottom too. I'll try anything! Thanks for the tip!
    Kacee75, no warranty, but I will try a number onthe manual (if I can find it) and see if I can adjust the belt myself!

Really helpful, guys! thanks!
  • ginacs6
    ginacs6 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    well the WD40 worked well but also just putting folded up towels underneath the front and back (which was supposed to be for easier movement) made it quitter somehow! SO happy I can use my machine without the annoying loud squeaking!!
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i know this thread is old but I have the same issue with my gold's gym stride trainer 380. My bf just fixed it and i used to use it in a carpeted bedroom. We just moved it into a basement with a hard cement floor and the whole experience was horrid. Not sure what to do with this item, it seems to always have some kind of issue.