I am overweight & ready for a change!

Options
I am a mom of two, a wife, and an assistant principal. I am currently a 181 pounds and I am sick of it. I feel terrible and my self esteem is at an all time low. I FINALLY realize that in order to improve I need to make major changes. So, here I am and I am looking for support! Can't wait to find amazing people looking for the same thing as me!

Healthier me is on the way!

Replies

• shadshad
    Options
    Hi There......Welcome! I have started my weigh-loss recently and of course support would be great....I will add you as my friend.....
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This is a great site for information, encouragement, support and friendships. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Friends are a big part of this site! I would like to lose 60 pounds and I always need new friends for the journey!:flowerforyou:
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    YES! I feel the love already! I am so excited. Thank you all for the encouraging words.
  • anitakeldridge
    Options
    You can do this!! I love this site and I love reading all the enouragement that comes with it!!!! 20 pounds down since I started using this site in August!
  • willisda
    willisda Posts: 2,251 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • amdpei12
    amdpei12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well - this is my first week and I'm really liking this site so far! Good luck!

Angela
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 and thinking this is the piece that's been missing from every diet I've ever been on... the accountability and the ability to reach out to friends near and far any time of the day or night. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me!!!
  • footballmom2000
    footballmom2000 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible if you set your mind to it!! You can do :happy: Enjoy!!
  • KarensBigAdventure
    Options
    My first adult diet. I was anorexic as a teen and struggled most my young adult years to keep wieght on, now at 46 the tables have turned and gaining weight is now a problem. So here I am, on my first diet looking for support. This is a life change for me as arthitis has set in and I need a change not just to lose weight but to lose the pain that has nearly crippled me these last 5 years. I'm going Mediterrean which works very well for since I love to cook and love to eat, it's a great way to loss weight and eat healthy fats.

Best to all of you!
    Karen
  • prwthomas
    prwthomas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to friend me as well. Welcome to MFP! I find the more friends I make, the more incentive I have to log in every day.
  • feltogirl
    Options
    Congrats for getting here and started on the new you. I got back on track this week and it feels great. We're close in weight. I started Monday at 178. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm finding that my new friends are really helping me feel motivated and supported.

Steph/feltogirl
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started MFP a few days ago and am in a similar situation...working mom of two and I need to lose 55 lbs. Everyone is so encouraging. Welcome!
  • luckystar8131
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom of 2, a wife and a new college student. I turned 30 this year and am sick of the way I feel as well. I am tired and sluggish and just so BLAH! I have really jumped into this new way I'm going to live my life. Please feel free to add me. I hope that this site helps you! (And me!!!) So far it seems great.
  • MAMAVIV1
    Options
    I just started this week too! I have over 100 pounds to lose! Thanks to quitting smoking and then having to take steroids due to an illness it seems I blew up over night!! I have not been active AT ALL in over 7 years. I joined a gym and this site and I am taking back my life!! I still love myself, how could I not? I'm awesome! LOL! But I really love the skinny, healthy me better! Time for THAT version of me to make a comeback!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! :smile:
  • prettyhazeleyes
    Options
    I just signed up tonight after a friend if mine told me about this site. I am looking to change my life for the better. I would like to loose 50 pounds to start feeling better. any encouragement would be wonderful! :happy:
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!! This is AMAZING! I love the love! Keep it coming. With this much support I have nothing to do but succeed! I am super excited and looking forward to this journey with each and everyone of you! I know it is an uphill battle but one that I am ready for with you guys!!
  • DancinBear63
    DancinBear63 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • amanda142002
    Options
    welcome I have add you as a friend