Netflix Streaming Movie Recommendations

odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Got anything good? I decided to turn on Precious and am seriously second guessing that decision...

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Most people have never heard of the movie "Moving McAlister," but I love it. Mila Kunis is in it...and the guy from Napoleon Dynamite
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Precious is good, but very disturbing and made me want to throw things at my screen. I love Documentaries Knife over Fork, Fat Sick & Nearly Dead are pretty good ones so is Babies & the business of being born (I'm 7 months pregnant so I love anything with infants and babies right now.lol) I also watched the first season of Being Human (the US version) the other day.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    I'm watching re runs of the old Beverly Hills 90210 ......yah I know....You don't have to say it!!! LOL What can I say? Gotta love it!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I'm watching re runs of the old Beverly Hills 90210 ......yah I know....You don't have to say it!!! LOL What can I say? Gotta love it!

WTF, girlfriend?? *LMAO*
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!!
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Red Cliff and Ip Man if you like Asian movies
    Moulin Rouge!, Man in the Iron Mask if you like France/Leonardo DiCaprio/both
    Andromeda Strain, 2001, Firefly, Serenity if you like sci-fi
    Deadliest Warrior if you think weapons are cool and don't mind gore
  • mforcemaniac
    mforcemaniac Posts: 18 Member
    Although it's old, can't go wrong with "Best in Show".
  • The Spirit of the Marathon was a great documentary!

Hubby just finished Ride the Divide about the mountain bike race that starts in Canada and continues across the Great Divide trails to Mexico (something like 2700 miles.) I caught the end of it and will be loading it to watch.

I also watched all 6 episodes of the Circus documentary series about the big apple circus. It's the reason I'm going to sign up for aerial trapeze classes after my broken thumb is healed.

Um... and I'm watching 3rd Rock from the Sun (lame I know) and hubby and I are really enjoying the tv show Til Death
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    I watch The Wonder Years when I get a chance. Good movies = Limitless, Morning Glory was kind of cute, Shutter Island, Secretariat was kind of good. You Again - who doesn't love Betty White? Young Frankenstein is classic.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    I'm catching up on old TV today while I clean the house..
    Biggest Loser season 1 for motivation and Star Trek Voyager because I'm a geek.
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    I dont know if this movie is still on Netflix...The Stoning of Soraya M. It's subtitled, original language I think is arabic or something but trust, you dont need to know what theyre saying, you just know. Very sad ending but I think it's a good movie.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    I recommend Scottland, PA (Macbeth turned on it's head in 70s America, ft Christopher Walken) and the Australian mockumentary Kenny
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Precious is good, but very disturbing and made me want to throw things at my screen. I love Documentaries Knife over Fork, Fat Sick & Nearly Dead are pretty good ones so is Babies & the business of being born (I'm 7 months pregnant so I love anything with infants and babies right now.lol) I also watched the first season of Being Human (the US version) the other day.

yes! fat sick and nearly dead was great as was forks over knives [you had it backwards!!] food inc is a great one as well.
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    MAD MEN ALL DAY. its addictinggg
  • Fat Head. Strange name, but great documentary. Basically shreds "Supersize Me."
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    PRECIOUS! Get down here, b*tch! You brought that white b*tch up in my house?

Loved that freakin' movie!!!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    I second Stoning of Soraya M and I will add Timer, I Saw the Devil, The Chaser, and Harper's Island (tv - 13 episodes)
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member

WTF, girlfriend?? *LMAO*

Lmfao!!! I couldnt help it!!!!!!! Admit it.... U know u loved it!
  • Man on The Moon by Jim Carey....just saw that movie the other night and it had me in tears :sad:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    "How I met your mother" the first six seasons are all on there. And "the Tudors" some hot guys set in Renaissanse England