Hi all!! New here!!

Options
Hello all!! I'm 24, 5'3", Houston tx and I weigh about 200 lbs. I'm the only one in my family that is overweight so I don't get a whole lot of support at home. Other than "hey you're doing great!" while eating a donut in front of me... Thanks guys.

I need way more friends to keep me motivated and of course I will do the same for you. I'm looking to lose about 50-70 lbs. I totally screwed up over the holidays and what little weight I did lose came back. Back to square one!! Got to get on my turbo fire!!:wink:

Replies

• MarkC1963
    MarkC1963 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I had a tough time over the holidays too! Here's a little about me:

I have found the key to losing my 46 pounds since June has been sticking to a program that is relatively easy for me to do. I started out not knowing my caloric burn and just drank a protein drink "Boost" at 280 calories for lunch and then a regular meal at night (no food limitations). I then started out by doing just 10 minutes on my treadmill a day at 3.5 mph at the lowest incline setting. After about an initial 5 weeks of weight vacillation, I started seeing a constant weight loss of 1.4 lbs. per week.

I very slowly started increasing my time on the treadmill to 20 minutes a day (my maximum tolerance to not make it so unpleasant to think about) and then I slowly increased the mph and incline levels to my current 4.3 mph at highest level 10 incline on my Nordictrac Treadmill. The machine says I burn 350 calories over 20 minutes now. I suspect that is high but it keeps me motivated. lol

I started using a Bodybugg calorie measuring device and average about 2,500 calories burned a day. I target 1,200 net calories consumed per day and find that I can consistently lose 2 lbs. a week with this program. It is so relatively easy, it just takes a little discipline. To each his own, though.

I'm going to send you an invite to be friends and I'll try to keep encouraging you. :)

Best,
    MarkC
  • danisala3687
    Options
    Hi mark! Thanks for replying! I find my difficulty comes from well, firstly, lack of discipline lol but also not really having a good calories in vs calories out ratio. I'm ok eating 1200 calories a day. But I forget to eat more if I am working out. Or I end up over eating cuz I feel like I am starving. Especially after turbo fire. That workout is uper high intense for me.

I would love to get back to doing Pilates. But since having my son I have had terrible back pain. My sciatic nerve decides to mess with me at the most inconvenient of times. Anywho, for now I am sticking to walking and turbo fire :)