how do i find what people are posting to me?

Options
Jnine25
Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
i must be dumber than I thought. I don't know how to add friends or see posts from others. I have been asking people to add me as their friend because i can't figure it out. I don't know how to introduce myself so others can see it. I'm getting really aggravated and i'm assuming it's my own stupidity! Please help, that is, if I posted this where others can see it but myself. I'm about ready to just use the tracking stuff and forget about trying to figure out the community part of this site! Rrrrrrrr.......

Replies

• jabberwockgee
    jabberwockgee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If people send you a message, it will show up as a number next to the envelope at the top of the screen.

If people reply to your messages, I think you just have to check the forum again to see if anyone responded to you... I don't think there's an auto-notifier.

Edit: I think I just realized what you're asking... There's a page under the my home tab, then profile.

Yours is currently set to only allow friends to post to it, although I think you can change it...
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    To add a friend, click on their profile name, and then click the green button that says Add As Friend. For the forums, you just have to go back and check to see if people responded. You can do that by going to the "Community" tab and clicking "My Topics." It's not the most intuitive system, but once you've been doing it for a little while you'll get the hang of it. Good luck!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I can see your post OK......looks fine to me :smile:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    To add someone as your friend, you click your mouse on their picture. Then click on add as friend. I usually leave a message on that page, too. Feel free to add me. My name is Kim, 48.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    once you are friends with people your "my home" page has a news feed, that's where you'll see posts when friends close their daily journal, log exercise, or maybe just post a status similar to facebook. You can click comment to add your own comment about what they did, great job on a decent looking food journal when they are at or close to calories... good burn... once you have a lot of friends it can be helpful to click my home > profile so you can weed out the news feed to be just the stuff that people have posted to your wall ie comments on a status you made.

If it's in the forums... the home > recent posts > MY TOPICS > settings > search thread MY TOPICS contains the 25 most recent threads you have posted in that have had activity, if you posted in a thread and you're not listed as the most recent poster then there has been activity there since your post, click through to read up on what changed. OLD threads can pop up there aka a thread from June just popped up in mine because someone used the search function and commented in an existing thread instead of making a new one on the same topic.
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!!!!!