Home workout DVDS, which to choose?

Options
I keep seeing posts or blogs about some jillian 20 pound 30 day shred and other 60 day, 90 day videos with various names. whih do you prefer? what would you suggest? I'm intrested in starting one. I am 22, 5'1, 152.1 pounds and looking to get down to 120-125. So far I have been doing BodyFlow for an hour daily and 30 minutes of the treadmill but wanting to try other things as well. Love to ehar your thought and what has worked for you!

Replies

• LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 24 5'3 and started at 150lbs. I am down to 127 all thanks to my Jillian Michaels DVDs. I started with Burn Fat Boost Metabolism for cardio and matched it with No More Trouble Zones. I moved on the Ripped in 30 but I like her new dvd Shed and Shred (but very challenging, I mean they all are)

Also I just bought Yoga Meltdown and am really enjoying it!!

I swear by her and some of her DVDs have meal plans (ripped in 30 and Shed and Shred) but if you are counting calories here it's all good but some fun recipes.

Good luck!!
  • JasHayes
    Options
    thank you so much! that's very helpful :)
  • googly1982
    Options
    hello! this is very helpful... i'm 5'5 and can't budge off of 140. i'm working really hard now, looking at my daily calorie intake and really paying attention to everything, thanks to this site... i started 30DS 5 days ago. i will probably finish it since i've already gotten this far, but would you suggest moving into shed and shred from here? i'm desperate to change my body. so tired of the flab and i'm about to turn thirty, so it has to happen NOW. ha. :) you look great, btw!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 24 5'3 and started at 150lbs. I am down to 127 all thanks to my Jillian Michaels DVDs. I started with Burn Fat Boost Metabolism for cardio and matched it with No More Trouble Zones. I moved on the Ripped in 30 but I like her new dvd Shed and Shred (but very challenging, I mean they all are)

Also I just bought Yoga Meltdown and am really enjoying it!!

I swear by her and some of her DVDs have meal plans (ripped in 30 and Shed and Shred) but if you are counting calories here it's all good but some fun recipes.

Good luck!!
    Sounds a lot like me. I am 5'1 and started around 150. I lost 10 lbs on my own and got stuck at that weight. I joined MFP and now weigh beween 126-127. I lost a huge chunk of my total weight loss with Jillian Michaels. I love her workouts. I am now trying to lose a few more and tone up with ChaLean Extreme. I would definitely recommend 30 Day Shred (cardio+strength training dvd), Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (pure cardio dvd), and No More Trouble Zones (pure strength training dvd). I started out with those 3 dvds so I definitely know you will see results. You can get all 3 dvds for around $20 + shipping here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-Banish-Boost-Metabolism/dp/B001NFNFN0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327033157&sr=8-1
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels DVDs for awhile they work great. I just started using Jackie Warner's and Jari Love's Get Ripped which also work great
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Jillian 30 Day Shred kicks the inches away,
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've been really happy with my P90X dvd's. They are geared towards strength as well as cardio. The same company - Beachbody - also makes the Insanity dvd's that are more geared towards cardio. Both are tough but they will get you results.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I feel better reading about the ladies that were stuck at a weight, but got past it, cause that is where I am at... I cant seem to get below 150/149, so i am at the point i feel like my body is not going to change.. I see the dvds, and i have most of them, i did 30 ds level 1 today, but what did you guys do eating wise.. What were your calorie intake goals?
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    any Jillian Michaels, she has beginners to advanced.

I do a beachbody program by the name of turbofire sometimes as well.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    P90X. The workout changes daily so you do not become bored with it, and it works well. If you have worries about bulking up... don't. There is a good book for women called "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" by Lou Schuler. It doesn't sell P90X but it addresses the women and weight issue.

Good Luck in your fitness journey.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Chalean Extreme DVDs and getting muscles. It's a 90-day program with a fit-for-life follow-up plan. I left on a cruise the last week or the program and decided to start over from the beginning when I returned. The original version includes some cardio, and the deluxe version has several cardio workouts. I bought dumbbell sets up to 20 lbs, but needed heavier ones, so I broke down and purchased the BowFlex Select-Tech dumbbells. They take up a lot less floorspace. I didn't really think I'd ever be able to do push-ups, and I couldn't, until recently. Even when I was young, I couldn't do more than one or two proper push-ups. Persistence pays.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Tae bo and jillian michaels--anyone you will see some changes