5'4" - 5'6" 165-180 pounds?

Options

Replies

• sreeves1429
    sreeves1429 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'5" and 175ish, 28 y.o. I had gotten down to 170 but the holidays, and leg issues have seriously sabbotaged my goals. I would like to weigh 160lbs by mid March..holidays in Cuba (with a friend whos gf is 100lbs soaking wet!) Not trying to compare myself to her as I know I'll never get there, but I want to enjoy myself not worry about how I look. My ultimate goal is currently 145 lbs, but I feel like if I can get there I might try for more.
    Please feel free to add me. I'm always looking for support and more than willing to give it. :)
    justjess575, Jillica, and sreeves1429 I've added you :)

I can relate to your situation. I've had health issues which required taking medications that have hampered my weight loss effort in the past. Thankfully, I am beyond those issues just as you will overcome the issues with your leg. Just remember, your health comes first. I can completely see you in the 160 range by mid March, because you have determination. We have the same goal actually, lol, March is my birth Month and I decided that 160 is going to be my birthday present to myself. We can both do it!!!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I must say that having fitness pals with similar goals is GREAT! I will recommend that to anyone asking for advice on MFP. Keep at it, Ladies.
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and 5"6. My start weight was 166. Current weight is 147 and my goal weight is 140 (nearly there).
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Here's to a great succesful weekend! I weigh in for my work's biggest loser. I'm in 2nd place (current weight 178). I need to do really good this weekend just to keep up with the pace of the leader. I REALLY want to hit 175 lbs Monday Morning!!!!
  • Mia74
    Mia74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, 5'3" and at 180. Had lost about 30 lbs 5 years ago, gained some back, and am now heavier than when I lost the first time. I am very active and know how to train but diet always gets me. I started back and I'm down 3lbs this first week which is probably all water but at least its something.

I train with kettlebells and also play roller derby. I'm trying out the Fighter Diet by Pauline Nordin and really dig it. If this interests anyone feel free to friend me!
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5" and 185 and would love to connect with people in a similar position too! I'm hoping to lose about 20lbs by mid June, and eventually around 50 altogether. I'm trying to be patient with the process, while still giving it everything I have every day. Touching base with people in the same situation would be awesome motivation!

5342150.png
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6
    I've been within the 135-150 weight since puberty (athletic, wide build).

In the last 3 years I've had a lot of changes in my life, career and a ridiculous amount bad things that kept happening to myself and the people I love that produced stress in my life for way too long.

At my heaviest, I was 210 lbs. Right now I'm just under 185 and striving to get back to the 135-145 lb range.

MFP is a great tool to help me out, but at the end of the day I'm the one that has to make the effort and hold myself accountable. Working towards that and enjoying the News Feed where the MFP can support and motivate one another to achieve our very best.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    5'-5.5" tall, 181 lbs, 36 years old

My highest ever was 13 years ago at 213 lbs.
    My lowest (since high school) was 8 years ago at 169 lbs.
    My over-portioned, processed, bread-loving food habits working out only 3 times a week have settled me in at an 188 lbs average.

My story - in high school, I was active in sports but would always gain 10 lbs during every summer while I wasn't in sports.
    Sophomore - 135 + 10 in summer
    Junior - 145 + 10 in summer
    Senior - 155 + 10 after basketball + 15 summer before college
    College - 180 + another 10 lbs! = 190 + beer + fast food + beer + no exercising + beer = 213 lbs!

At 152, I would have an acceptable BMI so that is my goal. Once I hit that...
    142 lbs would rock, but I would love to see if I could be...
    132 lbs but I don't know how realistic that goal is for me.

PLEASE FEEL FREE to honeslty comment on my goals based on your own experiences. It is great that you guys are all similar in weight and I would LOVE to know if 142 is possible, is 132 possible?

I think your goals are TOTALLY do-able. Really, just concentrate on one small goal at a time and reevaluate as needed.

I'm 5'5.5" and 33 (almost 34) years old. My highest (non-pregnancy) weight was about 170. My original goal weight when I started losing was 135. Got there and didn't feel "done." I'm currently 123lbs, training for my 5th full marathon and shooting for 115lbs, lots of muscle and possibly trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon.

If you had asked me in my 20s if I could weigh this little and run this much I would have said H#LL NO! But I'm finding I can do so many things that I never thought possible. All it takes is some self-confidence and a little motivation. You can get to your goal!
  • Living_Barefoot
    Living_Barefoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and TRYING to lose about 30lbs. I've been doing the Ideal Protein diet and it's starting to come off! 6lbs in 2 weeks. Not too shabby! :)

What's the ideal protein diet?
  • MLPC
    MLPC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello Im 5"4" wt 173. My goal wt is 145. Last year after using MFP I lost 26#, but they were slowly creeping back on. So here I go again....Feel free to add me, seems like I could use all the support I can get!
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    IM 5'5" AND INITIALLY STARTED AT 236, I WAS DOWN TO 171 AND BACK UP TO AROUND 183...WOULD LIKE TO GET DOWN BETWEEN 140-150...ADD ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE!
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love fellow shorter women...we look to squeeze out every .5 or .25 inch! Do 5'8" women ever say I'm 5'8.5"? Like many on here I was close to 200 when I started running. Worked down to my goal pants - size 10 (from many years ago- so not the new stretched out size 10s they push on us nowadays). I thought I should stop in the mid to low 150s. I don't push myself to lose but still watch what I eat and try to keep my training up over the winter (northern UP of MI). I'm training for my first full marathon this year and certainly don't plan on eating back all those running calories so I will see how it goes and evaluate at every 5 or so pounds.
    I have not been under 160 for almost 14 years (since I had my first child). Some people are already saying I shouldn't lose more- I look too thin...but even though they mean well I think they have a distorted picture of us. If I haven't known them more than 14 years then they have never seen me at my normal size. So we have to take all comments with some caution.
    I try to stick to 3-4 days running and 2-3 days weight training with one full complete 'rest' day a week. Anyone with similar interests- feel free to send a friend request (note: I look for people with pics on their site and the profile filled out / unless you have recently joined and just not updated yet)
  • JessWolf1002
    JessWolf1002 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started out at 170 and I'm down to about 165 now. My goal is between 140-130. I mostly do at home work out DVDs (Jillian michaels) because I live in WA state and it's usually too cold and rainy to work out outside with children :) feel free to add me anyone!!
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 170lbs two weeks again when I got serious again about trying to lose these pesky pounds. My goal weight is to reach 140lbs. I'm already 6 lbs closer.

This is my third attempt at using MFP, and each time I have found at least some success, but I lose pace when life gets busy. Extra motivation to stick with this would be a great help!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    5'6" started at 180 joined MFP at 174. Currently 160. Goal weight 145.
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 175. Up until a year ago I was much lighter, and then health problems got in the way. Now I'm trying to fight my way back. I'd love to befriend some "similar" people.
  • miss_lizz
    miss_lizz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just started today ;) 174, 5"6 ..wanna be between 130-140
  • Mandersz_
    Options
    Im 5'3, my starting weight 155 and I'm hoping I can get down to at least 112-130 . I wanna be able to fit in a size 3 again cause right now I'm a size 9. I wanna get ready for summer. :tongue:
  • ellenandshane
    ellenandshane Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am 5'4" and just under 180 pounds, down from 196 pounds. Feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • ctrilk
    ctrilk Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently around 160.. starting weight 165. :) Feel free to add me! I'm getting married in May and would like to be down to 140 by then.