What is the 30 day shred everyone keeps posting about?!

Options
I keep seeing posts saying there doing the 30 day shred or finishsing it ect BUT what is it? sorry if this has been asked before but google is giving to many results, someone please enlighten me!

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
  • dayylight
    Options
    It's a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. I just got it this week and it's hard but I definitely recommend it. It's nice because all you need are hand weights and a floor mat if you're not working out of carpeted floor.
  • AmandaB2229
    Options
    It's a workout DVD by Jillian Micheals. She does a 3-2-1 method...3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. You do a warm up, 3 6minute circuts and a cool down. I started day 1 today and it's a good workout. I've also done her Ripped in 30 DVD which is very similar.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    It's an exercise DVD that comes in different levels I think. I don't know how many calories you'd burn on them or whether your meant to do them all in one go.. I'm sure someone else will come and tell you.
  • JasHayes
    Options
    Thanks!
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    10 days level one
    10 days level two
    10 days level three

Supposed to do all 30 days in a row, no breaks. It's designed to sculpt your body, not lose weight, but it combined with other exercise and calorie counting is supposed to be excellent! I only barely managed day 3 today (level 1) after one day off (naughty me, Jillian would be in mah face!), but am seeing improvements in stamina already.

Take measurements before you start and then after the 30 days and some people have seen huge total inch loss!

After reading several posts from other people who have used it, apparently if you weigh 154lbs, you will burn 180 - 190 cals doing the easy version - that is what I have been basing my exercise cals for this workout on. If you put into the system circuit training (which this is effectively), 20mins is about 190cals, so better to be safe than sorry, unless you have en effective heart rate monitor.

I recommend this.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it the other day and it should be here Monday.

Amazon.com has it for $6.99 :)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    A workout DVD by some lady from a reality TV show.