P90X Meal Plan

Options
Hey there folks, I'm wondering if there are any members currently having weight loss success with the P90X Meal Plan.

I'm on Week 3 Day 4 tomorrow following Phase 1 Level 2.

I figured that I'm eating too many calories as I want to lose more weight, so I'd like to limit my calorie intake to about 1800-2000 calories per day.

Is there anyone out there who is really good at planning meals who is also using P90X who is also on a fat shredder diet eating about 1800-2000 calories per day that wants to let me copy cat their meals lol.

I know that's a lot of a co-incidence, I just am currently challenged with planning my own meals, but I am super committed to this program.

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out that thread. I've dropped over 50 lbs since December on P90X.
  • SladeKain
    SladeKain Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm on day 11 of P90X and I found that following their meal plan seemed more challenging than the workouts. I'm following the Phase 1 Level 3 plan right now and I'm focusing more on the 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat. If you're not used to calorie counting and keeping track of how many grams of carbs and protein your consuming, it does take some time to get the hang of it. Myfitnesspal is a great way to make it easier for ya. You need to get familiar with whats in foods, finding the foods you like, and getting the most food for the amount of calories you have to use each day. It's a work in progress and every week I'm finding ways to tweak it here and there to make it work for me. I eat every three hours and plan my meals out ahead of time. I don't know if that's any help but best of luck to ya. Remember what Tony H says "Do your best and forget the rest!"
  • WallabyBob
    WallabyBob Posts: 71
    Options
    You have to be careful limiting your caloric intake as it can have the inverse effect of forcing your body to panic and start storing fat because all of a sudden you are using more calories than you are taking in. There is a line and it is different for everyone but just be careful you don't go too low.

I have gone through a round of Power 90, 2 rounds on the Master Series and I am currently halfway through round 1 of the X. I am eating around 2300 -2500 and still losing weight albeit not as much because the big chunks are behind me now but I am still going down. Remember P90X is not a dieting or weight loss program (yes the benefits of it is weight loss) but it really is a fitness program which requires a certain level of fuel.

There is a bunch of people out here on various threads doing P90X so you should have no shortage of good advice.
  • darbsllim
    darbsllim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks fr the tips I replied in the p90x thread about how I'm looking for someone hire part time to be my meal planner!
  • mliso
    mliso Posts: 4
    Options
    thats great, I started about 40 days ago and haven't noticed much weight loss, but I can tell a difference in my body fat, I have heard that the pounds start to drop in phase II and III, sis u find this to be true.
  • mliso
    mliso Posts: 4
    Options
    thats great, I started about 40 days ago and haven't noticed much weight loss, but I can tell a difference in my body fat, I have heard that the pounds start to drop in phase II and III, sis u find this to be true.
  • Jonsi221
    Options
    Many people have trouble keeping up with/following lots of workout schedules. That is one of the reasons I love Crossfit.

maybe this help for more info
    http://www.p90x-workout-schedule.net/
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I started P90X on November 1st. In addition to the program I added a 45-60 minute cardio session to the schedule 5 or 6 days a week. I do P90X in the morning and then cardio on my lunch break or after work. While I have not lost much weight on the program (yet) - I have lost inches and my clothes are starting to fit better. I am building muscle and shedding some fat. People on the Beachbody website caution against relying on the scale especially during the first month.

I don't follow the plan exactly but I do eat pretty clean. My biggest struggle is getting enough calories... I would like to be at 1400 consistently. I average out to about 1200 per day and have been trying to increase by snacking on almonds or adding peanutbutter to my afternoon apple. I try to consume my carbs in the morning. The fat shredder is just too low in carbs for me -- I need to have some whole grains or something or I become a crankmonster.

One suggestion is to prepare your meals in advance for the week. I do this and it helps me tremendously because I have a pretty hectic schedule and with the P90X combined with my cardio, I am exercising 2-2.5 hours per day. I keep things pretty simple. I usually grill some chicken breast and pork tenderloin to use as a "base" then just make some veggies, a salad, stir fry, etc. I also make a soup or two to have on hand for the week and what I don't eat of that, I freeze.
  • IslandEmpiress
    Options
    I am on day 5 of P90x and i'm struggling with everything.

My main concern is the nutrition. I live in the Cayman Islands and would have to pay for their shakes plus shipping. Also i am on a Non-existant budget and cannot afford to buy the food needed to change meals daily.

My question is does anyone have a simple budget friendly plan that has worked for them, with substitutions for the meal replacement shakes?

I am also interested in recipes, i have been eating clean, but everything ends up tasting so bland, yeck.

I leave for work at 6:30 every morning (have to get up at 5:00 to get myself and my daughter ready), so breakfasts need to be pre-prepared or Grab and go.