Curvy girl seeks like minded MFP friends.

Options
Hi there.

I am seeking friends with a like mindedness about weight loss.

I am 40 years old, but I am told a young 40. Either way, age of friends does not matter.

What really matters to me is that I can find some friends whose goals and ideals align with my own.

I have been up in the 350 range. I lost a bit over 100 pounds. I am 5'10" and 1/2 and currently wear a size 18 (some 16's).

I am ready and want to lose the rest of my weight. I keep yo-yoing up and down in a 35 pound range now. Tired of it.

But here is the thing. My goal is not to be SKINNY. I want to be stronger, healthier and fitter, but I do not mind being a curvier, thicker individual.

If you asked me right now, where I would have to be to be totally happy, I would tell you 200 pounds (a size 10/12 for me).

I strive to eat cleaner and healthier and use a lot of whole foods and whole grains and organic stuff, but I will never be so over the top that I can not embrace a processed food item now or there or where I think a can of soup is the devil.

I just want to find others who are supportive of weight loss efforts but accepting of curves and not in the mindset that one has to be a size 4.

Send me a friend request--and let's get started!!

Replies

• terrsuz
    terrsuz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    My name is Sue, I am 49 yr. old. 5" 7" and weight 231 today. I have been doing this for one week and have lost 3.5 pounds this week. I have about 80 more pounds to go but it really helps having people on here supporting you and encouraging your successes.

I am from Pittsburgh, PA and work in the health field.

Hope to hear back from you,

Sue
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You have been so friend requested!

So I'll be honest. I'm sitting here eating take out pizza. However, I'm finally learning the trick of moderation.

I'm 36 yr old who still feels like I'm in my mid-late twenties. I've been on this roller coast since I was 12 or so off and on, but most have been pretty over weight. I lost about 40 lbs two years ago and have gained about 1/2 back. I've been in a 5 lb range for about a year now.

I've decided to make this try more about "Right Now" choices. The big goals are still out there, but I'm not worrying about them. Most of my life I've made lofty goals and then ran in place while I cried and wondered why I couldn't get anywhere. All the time being overwhelmed by that goal.

I have always had a very curvy shape, even when I'm thin (think J-Lo) and that's perfect. I spent a good portion of my "thin" times thinking I was still fat. Now I've grown up and been around enough to learn that people really do come in all "Shapes" and "Sizes."

Great Post VulcanLove, thanks for putting it out there!
  • TheVulcanLover
    TheVulcanLover Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You have been so friend requested!

So I'll be honest. I'm sitting here eating take out pizza. However, I'm finally learning the trick of moderation.

I'm 36 yr old who still feels like I'm in my mid-late twenties. I've been on this roller coast since I was 12 or so off and on, but most have been pretty over weight. I lost about 40 lbs two years ago and have gained about 1/2 back. I've been in a 5 lb range for about a year now.

I've decided to make this try more about "Right Now" choices. The big goals are still out there, but I'm not worrying about them. Most of my life I've made lofty goals and then ran in place while I cried and wondered why I couldn't get anywhere. All the time being overwhelmed by that goal.

I have always had a very curvy shape, even when I'm thin (think J-Lo) and that's perfect. I spent a good portion of my "thin" times thinking I was still fat. Now I've grown up and been around enough to learn that people really do come in all "Shapes" and "Sizes."

Great Post VulcanLove, thanks for putting it out there!

A lot of your post hit home for me.

When I was a teenager I lost 90 pound sone summer and competed in the local pageant at the fair. I lost a lot and was right at 180 when I competed. At 5'10" that is not BIG. However, I still thought I was fat and HUGE because there were so many smaller girls out there. When I look back at those photos, I realize I looked GREAT then. Will be perfectly happy to be even 10-20 pounds more than that. If I can get myself back into a 10/12 in jeans--I will be PERFECTLY happy.
  • almomnc
    almomnc Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 and decided I have to try again. It's funny that I don't picture myself as a "big" person but it can't be denied. I have about 100 lbs to lose and need to finally stick to it. I am successful when I diet and then the weight creeps back. I will be starting a new job soon and my husband just started to watch his intake so I have lots of motivation. I feel younger than 40; the joy of having kids later in life.

I don't think I have mastered ignoring that voice in my head that screams out cravings but having my husband and MFP should be a positive influence. I would love to check in with like-minded people, too.
  • Bonniebigbutt
    Options
    I am a 38 yr old married mom of 1 daughter. I have never been skinny but it never stopped me from dating,having fun or feeling pretty. But I definately want to be healthier and feel good to be around for my family. I am 280 right now but I would love to be 160. That's what I weighed in high school. My husband thinks I am beautiful no matter what so this is truly for myself. I would love some curvy friends for motivation and laughs.
  • LACHER33
    Options
    :happy: Hi, im LaCher 33yrs old and am currently 235lbs. A year and a half ago I lost 80lbs, my goal is to be 180-190lbs. I am not one looking to be skinny, I love being curvy, I do want to be toned and healthy. Starting this year my family has decided to become pescatarins, this lifestyle has been an easy change( I hate to cook and love fish and salad). I also stopped smoking, that has caused me to eat uncontrollable for a week, so sad. But now I am feeling strong and ready to continue my weightloss journey. If you need support Im here:heart: