Hi, I'm new here.

Options
Hi, my name is Karen and I"m new here. I'm from South Carolina and looking to lose weight and get healthier. I have high blood pressure and diabetes and I'm looking to get rid of at least one or both of these this year. I hope we become friends and cheer each other on in this journey.

Replies

• michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on MFP for about a month now. I joined for the journal however the support from other members keeps me around. Good to have you! Used to live in the Central-Clemson area. Learned that I liked boiled peanuts! Roadside boiled peanuts stands are not plentiful in Indiana. I have to buy the cans from the grocery and heat them up...not as good but will suffice!

Add me as a friend!:flowerforyou:
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! You can and You Will Succeed. Just believe in something YOU .
  • tomjinca
    tomjinca Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me, Karen. I'll help!

Tom
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a new (old) member!! I used MFP about a year ago, and decided to re-join again at the end of December, because I'm fed up of seeing myself in the mirror and being unhappy with the way I look, and feel guilty that my DH has to see me naked!!! YUK, although he says I'm fine as I am..........I beg to differ.. lol:noway:

Add me.
  • happylifenwife
    happylifenwife Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Mommy of three, youngest of which just turned one. Looking forward to getting back on the MFP train. I successfully lost quite a bit of weight after baby was born tracking my calories but after awhile just found it tedious but then, of course, the weight loss stalled. Glad to be back though and looking forward to tracking and finding ways to make it easier so as not to be viewed as laborious.
  • amqpunk
    Options
    Hi all just recently started using MFP - MUCH better than any other type I've used before. . a little bout me. I regularly excercise but tend to have trouble putting the fork done so I always seem to be fighting myself to lose that extra 10+ of belly flat. . I'm new here and would love to meet some people so please add me if you like.
  • hooahmom
    Options
    aww thank you so much, give me a moment to add you as friend lol i'm still learning my way around here :laugh:
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen! I'm Karen too... This is the best place to be to get support and to start a new you. You can add me if you like!:flowerforyou:
  • nishchicky
    nishchicky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am new too and cant believe the support. You can do it!!
  • African_Goddess
    Options
    u can add me also if u like
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    This is the place for you! I've had great success so far and the encouragement from the friends you add will give you that spark to keep going when you just think you've had enough.

Feel free to add me...I'm all about encouragement, hints, and "tricks"...First one--Pickles...0 calories and 30 minute appetite curb...
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I joined yesterday and I'm so glad I did. Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen!!
  • Adobogirl
    Adobogirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. This place is awesome for support!
  • tinastanley
    tinastanley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome!! I've been on MFP since July. In November I lost enough weight that I was able to stop taking my BP meds. I don't believe I could have lost any weight without the support of MFP friends. Feel free to add me. We can help each other along our weightloss journey. :smile:
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey Karen...I'm from SC too (Florence county). I just joined Jan. 1. feel free to add me :)