NSV! Pushups!

Options
I have never in my life been able to do a 'man' push up. But over the last month i have been doing 30dswhich combines strength and cardio training! The 'girl' pushups have now become easy and now can do a few man push ups with perfect technique! I am so excited! haha! Just thought I'd tell someone!

Replies

• Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I need to re-start the 30DS so I can get to that point :)
  • lilgriffo
    Options
    Thank you! I feel like the hard work is paying off!
  • Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! "'Man" push ups are my test of strength as well. Excellent work!!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Thats fabulous!! And very inspiring! I want to be able to do perfect pushups too!
  • jeepingirrl
    jeepingirrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is great! I am thinking of checking out the 30 DS. I also do the girly push-up's. Before I let myself get out of shape I was able to do 25 "man" push-up's. Hope to get back there someday!
  • lilgriffo
    Options
    That is great! I am thinking of checking out the 30 DS. I also do the girly push-up's. Before I let myself get out of shape I was able to do 25 "man" push-up's. Hope to get back there someday!
    25! Wow I think I can do 5! I would love to get to 10- that would be amazing!!
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I have a love/hate relationship with push-ups.....I love the results, but they are hard! Keep going! I'm doing the 30DS too. Taking on Level 2 tomorrow!
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    that is awesome. I started out with the Shred and can only do baby push ups lol.. Now ive done the Ripped N 30 and others of Jillian and I can do all mens pushups and etc.. Love Jillian. If it wasnt for her I wouldnt have meet my goal.. Good luck and try Ripped you will really be amazed of the results. :)
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Very Nice, btw whats a man push up?
  • lilgriffo
    Options
    Very Nice, btw whats a man push up?
    Haha, just a normal pushup from plank as opposed to doing it on your knees! ( which is a known as a girl pushup)
  • lilgriffo
    Options
    that is awesome. I started out with the Shred and can only do baby push ups lol.. Now ive done the Ripped N 30 and others of Jillian and I can do all mens pushups and etc.. Love Jillian. If it wasnt for her I wouldnt have meet my goal.. Good luck and try Ripped you will really be amazed of the results. :)
    I got ripped in 30 yesterday! Can't wait to start!
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That is a fabulous NSV! My friend and i have been working on this the past few weeks and the other day i did 10 in a row. I don't know if i get down far enough but i do my best. I started out barely doing 3 and now i can do 10. It's amazing. The pushups are definitley my hardest to do. Well done on your accomplishment, more will come.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Ohh, and the plank. We have been doing one 45sec. one followed by 2 30sec. ones. The other day we did 2 45sec. ones and only 1 30sec. one. I'm slowly starting bodyrock workouts and am going to follow the 30 day challenge going on now but we're not starting till Feb. 1st. We are working up to being able to complete the exercises, they are tough 12 min routines. Lots of pushups in these!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!