Need some healthy suggestion in Indian Food

Options
Hello all,

This is first post in the forum. I really excited to join this site to track my weight loss. I am an Indian and would like to know how I can make some more nutritious food, keeping good taste with all those spices :)

I try to make use of Moong Daal is varieties of ways in my daily diet. But still I would like to hear from you folks about more tips.

Preeti

Replies

• abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like caulliflower, tomatoes, onion and garlic in a curry tomato sauce over a little bit of brown rice. I always go light on the rice and fill up on the veggies.
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm not Indian but I lived there for quite a while. My favourite is dahl made with split red lentils, another favourite is spinich and chickpea curry:
    4-5 servings
    1T oil
    1 large onion, diced
    2 cloves garlic crushed
    1T fresh ginger
    250g (2-3 medium) potatoes chopped
    2-3t curry powder
    1t cumin seeds
    2 bay leaves
    250g spinich
    400g can tomatoes
    300-400g can of chickpeas
    2t garam masala
    salt and pepper to taste
    fresh coriander to taste

Fry onion, garlic, and ginger gently till softened. Add potatoes, curry powder, cumin seeds and bay leaves. Cook for a couple of mins then add spinich and tomatoes and about 1/2cup of water. Add chickpeas and simmer for about 15 mins till potatoes are cooked. Add garam masala, salt and pepper, and coriander. Serve with while rice. Yummy.
    For 4 serves with basmati rice it's 361 cals per serve.
  • Preeti9
    Preeti9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks for the yummy recipe..