Help!

Options
I've been working out ever since last May 3-4X/week for 30 minutes and always maintained my weight. Losing 1 pound was so hard. Then this Feb. I joined the fitness center at my workplace, workout during lunch for 40 minutes, 5 times per week, and I've lost 9lbs to date. From February thru April I only lost like 3 pounds. Anyways, these past few days, I've been losing 1 pound/day. Is this okay b/c I don't want to lose weight too fast?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    one pound per day!? I hope you mean 1 pound per week. a pound a day is very fast and drastic. re-evaluate what you are eating and how much you are exercising.

are you following MFP's plan for you?
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    one pound per day!? I hope you mean 1 pound per week. a pound a day is very fast and drastic. re-evaluate what you are eating and how much you are exercising.

YES. 1 pound/day. This is y I'm freaked out.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

YES. 1 pound/day. This is y I'm freaked out.

did you make any huge changes with the foods you're eating? such as a huge drop in sodium when you were eating way too much of it before?

Since you were losing so slowly before, and are suddenly losing so quickly, I'd head to the doc. A chat with a professional never hurts.
  • pavang82
    Options

did you make any huge changes with the foods you're eating? such as a huge drop in sodium when you were eating way too much of it before?

Since you were losing so slowly before, and are suddenly losing so quickly, I'd head to the doc. A chat with a professional never hurts.
    I work out after work as well. I go jogging for 1 hour too.
  • Alligatorshirts
    Options
    I imagine you're not doing a whole lot of weight resistant exercises. You may want to add some in addition to your cardio rountine, add some calories to your intake....mostly protein and some carbs. You are probably burning too much lean muscle mass....which is not good.

And why are you jogging for an hour? Are you marathon training? That is a lot of cardio. It will be hard to retain any weight if you're jogging that much even with the weight training.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow that def doesnt sound healthy! I agree with the comments above! Go see a Dr! Just to be safe! Thats my 2 cents! 1 pound a week is a better way to go. What are you eating?

Steph
  • pavang82
    Options
    I imagine you're not doing a whole lot of weight resistant exercises. You may want to add some in addition to your cardio rountine, add some calories to your intake....mostly protein and some carbs. You are probably burning too much lean muscle mass....which is not good.
    I do mostly cardio only no weight resistant exercises.
  • Alligatorshirts
    Options
    You should probably start, it would help you build your lean muscle mass, which burns fat. Too much cardio without the proper nutrition will burn both.
  • pavang82
    Options
    You should probably start, it would help you build your lean muscle mass, which burns fat. Too much cardio without the proper nutrition will burn both.
    Thanks. However, I find that by doing jumping jacks, and free run my muscles are actually leaner. Does this count?