Too much protien?

Options
I've only just started recording my food intake again, but I am noticing that I am going over in my protein by atleast 30g daily. My fat and calorie intake is under for now, but I am a little concerned about the protein. Would love some opinions, should I keep going as I am, or rethink what I am eating?
Thanks!

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    MFP recommendation for protein is really really low. How much protein you should eat really depends on what your goals are and how active you are. You can do some research on how much you should aim for.
    I wouldn't be concerned about being over here.
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    its hard for us to tell because ur diary is on private. But id watch your saturated fat levels, and try to eat lean protiens. If your worried try subsituting some with more fruit and veg.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Here is one article from Livestrong with guidelines
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/354510-normal-suggested-amount-of-fat-protein-intake-for-women/

You can change your settings under My Home> Goals> Change Goals
  • jadecatherine
    Options
    i share a problem with u
  • springcheeks
    Options
    I've changed my diary to public, there are only 2 days of food recorded so i dont think its really a true guide to my eating habits. However, if any of you do want to take the time to have a quick look, I would most certainly take on any advice you have to offer. I want to do this right, and its getting harder the closer I get to my goal.

I read your link 3dogs, will have to read over it a couple more times to make it sink in LOL (not enough coffee yet!)
  • merandrich
    Options
    higher protein is a good thing as long as its lean protein.. ground turkey, grilled or roatsted chicken, fish... It keeps you fuller longer, etc.. From what I have read/researched, you should eat in grams the # of lbs you want to weigh... so if you want to weigh 140, then you aim for 140 grams of protein a day.