Introduction/New friends?

Options
I just started on this site yesterday. I'm trying to get my weight loss back on track after a ridiculously stressful holiday season. Last January I weighed 205 lbs. (I'm 5'4''). Today, I weighed it at 161 lbs. I want to get down to 140.

I'm still trying to find a balance between being conscientious about my weight and not being obsessive. I had never realized how complicated my relationship with food, failure, and my body was until I started trying to lose weight in earnest.

My friends are VERY supportive of me, but I'm hoping to find other people who are also taking this journey for support.

Replies

• castillo77901
    Options
    HI! I just started today. My names Erica, I have 2 small kids and never had the time to actually work out. So i decided i would try again. I recently suffered heartache with the loss of my father to cancer and noticed i wasnt taking good care of myself. So im ready for a change. What is your plan if you dont mind me asking? Im going to work out at home and rotate the work out with yoga. Best wishes and nice to meet you!
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi! I just started this site on Tuesday - I am looking for some support in my 25+ pound weightloss.... Feel free to add me! In serious need for some butt kicking! :)

I am hoping to be down 10 lbs my Feb 25th - Thats goal #1
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I LOVE people whom I can support and who will support me. Please add me if you feel so inclined.
  • agannon77
    Options
    Hello! I will join you in your journey. I just started at the first of the year and I hated entering in my weight of 178 when I was 135 only 2.5 years ago. I have always enjoyed exercising, but struggle with keeping a consistent schedule when balancing work and family. I have realized that I need to make changes not only to feel better and confident, but for my health, and to be a role model for my 3 year old daughter. I need to make changes and the time is now. I can no longer keep complaining about it, it's time to just do it! I can't even use the birth of my daughter as the reason for my weight gain because I had lost my baby weight plus 20 lbs after her birth! I, too, have the support of my friends and family, but I would also like to find people who are going thru what I'm going thru, facing the same struggles as I am, and see others acheive their goals!