What's the deal with 30 Day Shred?

Options
jlnk
jlnk Posts: 188 Member
Many of the posts regarding 30 Day Shred are about people wanting to do it or in the middle of doing it. I haven't seen a thread about its effectiveness. If you've completed the program, what were your results and would you recommend this program? I'm looking to add a little boost to my gym time. (I'm a SAHM who needs another workout while the husband is at work and baby is asleep to avoid eating out of boredom.)

Replies

• AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I saw on success story's some peoples before and afters. I am not sure about it but I am on day 2 cause of people raving about it. I did not buy the DVD, i FOUND ALL THE WORKOUTS ON YOU TUBE
  • garciaalisha07
    garciaalisha07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried this program while back ...I stayed on level one the first week in a half then level 2 for a week ...i started noticing inches dropping not pounds...my pants started to fall off...however i never completed the program to try level 3 or to see if weight would come off.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I made it through a 30 days once, but I only did the first 2 "levels". It made a ton of difference, inches-wise. I also lost weight but I think a lot of that was food-related.

It also did a lot of good for my strength and stamina, which needed much work. I think it's a good program.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the shred right now, and have read many success stories. I've never heard of someone completing the program and NOT losing inches or pounds (usually both). They say you will see a much bigger difference in inches/toning than on the scale, though. I'll definitely post an update when I finish the program!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred in December....did 10 days in each level. I was disappointed I did not see any more loss or inches than I do from my normal exercise...BUT...I did notice a huge improvement in my strength and overall fitness, so I'll take that. It did push me more than I would normally push myself. I was though VERY sick of Jillian by the end.
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I did the 30ds a couple months ago and lost a total of 10.5 inches. I was pleased with the results and plan on doing it again.
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm starting it on monday, but have seen my sister-in-law get pretty amazing results.She did 30DS 4x a week and cardio in between and she lost major inches and kgs! Hoping it'll do the same for me!
  • junebug523
    Options
    30DS is great because it gives you a powerful workout in a short amount of time. Each workout form warmup to cool down is less than 25 minutes. It has been well over a year since I completed the full 30DS, but it was truly instrumental in helping me to kickstart my weight loss. I don't think I lost more than 3 or 4 lbs, but I did lose inches in my upper arms, waist, and hips. I also looked a lot more toned.

I still use the DVD as a supplement to my other workouts, and each level can be very challenging because you can always add more weight, follow the girl who is doing the more advanced versions of the moves, etc.

When I was going through the 30DS, there were times when I didn't feel at all like working out. So, I challenged myself to do at least one circuit (the workouts are broken down into 6-minute circuits), and then if I still felt like stopping, I could. I always finished every workout, because I realized that if I could get through one 6-minute circuit, I could definitely do two more. And I was always proud of myself for pushing through to the end.

I don't think the 30DS is necessarily a miracle worker, but it is definitely a great, challenging, time-efficient workout.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout, it's only 25 minutes and the dvd is $10 or less!

I did 2 rounds of it and had great results! I love jillian's workouts. I'm currently doing the Ripped in 30 dvd.
  • elyssaxo
    Options
    I don't know if this helps, but I started it yesterday and have lost 3 pounds so far.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I did it in October. Most of the people in my group had slightly lower than normal weight loss, but up to 4x the # of inches lost that month.
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found similar results with 30DS . I lost inches and toned up more, but didn't lose much on the actual scale. Good thing I don't go by just the number on the scale.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have just finished day 6 and I have lost 2 inches off my waist so far!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of the 30 day shred.
    I've lost 1.9" already :)

It's fun and a good workout!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice now and love it. About to start again. The BEST RESULT I have had is the way it makes me feel. Forget about the numbers. I feel fitter, stronger and I like my body shape better when doing it, and i'm still obese but notice when doing the 30DS every blob sits better. :laugh:
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I finished day 5 on 30DS and have lost 2.5 lbs so far. Before I started doing it I could only do one push up now I can do more than 10 without stopping. It really helps to build muscle and I can see my body transforming. I think it is a great workout I have not bothered with measuring myself yet. Every 10 days I plan to do so, but I can already tell I have lost inches. That being said I am also sure that I am losing weight but it does not show on the scale because I am gaining muscle.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    I finished day 6 today. After day 2 I was seeing a positive change in my body already. I really enjoy it. You work hard for only 20 minutes. The moves are getting easier every day too!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am about to finish it (only 2 days left) and I have to tell you I enjoyed the pain. I really like level 3 because it kicks your *kitten*. I have lost only an inch off my waist (I lost 4 inches on my own with just calorie counting but over a period of 4 months). I agree with the other replies, you do see a difference in your strength level as well as your muscle composition. I have muscles on my arms and my legs are freaking powerhouses. I would do it again in a heartbeat but probably level 3 for all 30 days or maybe level 2 for 10 and level 3 for 20. I also did not take any rest days which was not good, apparently you are supposed to let your body rest :/
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Ripped in 30 for a couple weeks and am noticing an increase in strength and the moves getting easier. I think it's really time to step it up to the next level, but we have a 2 month biggest loser challenge at my office kicking off on the 17th including a category of largest % of lean muscle gain which I'll be going for. So I'm waiting for the 17th to "officially" start and I'll be kicking up the weights that I use a bit then also.
    But I've also been doing the Ripped and 30 immediately followed by either 6 Week 6 Pack or Killer Buns and Thighs on alternating days.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am about to finish it (only 2 days left) and I have to tell you I enjoyed the pain. I really like level 3 because it kicks your *kitten*. I have lost only an inch off my waist (I lost 4 inches on my own with just calorie counting but over a period of 4 months). I agree with the other replies, you do see a difference in your strength level as well as your muscle composition. I have muscles on my arms and my legs are freaking powerhouses. I would do it again in a heartbeat but probably level 3 for all 30 days or maybe level 2 for 10 and level 3 for 20. I also did not take any rest days which was not good, apparently you are supposed to let your body rest :/

I have 30DS also, if you've finished 30 days of that, try Ripped in 30, you'll like it. I haven't tried all 3 levels of 30DS, but comparing level 1 of both, Ripped seems to step it up just a bit.