OMG boobs have shrunk!

Options

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You don't. I went from a 36-38DD to a 34C. But I look in proportion. The rest of me went from a 14 to a 6. You can't control where your weight comes off. Sometimes as you are losing, things may seem a bit out of sync (one area looks too big /small) but once you are close to goal weight, it evens out.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I was a 44B, now I'm a 38DD. I sure wasn't expecting that having spent my adulthood thus far whining over how disproportionately small my boobs seemed for my size! I am only half way to my goal so who knows where I'll end up.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You think you all have problems? I started out a 32A. now I'm looking at a 30AA. I have to shop in the teenage section. :(
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've lost my boobs, sadly. It's the first place I lose weight from. BOO.
  • SweetTayta
    SweetTayta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh my my boobs must have been pure fat....I'm down 2 bra sizes I barely have a hand full but push up bras do wonders!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I had only been measuring tummy and waist since starting diet as that was my problem area where all weight was.

I just had to measure around boobs to see which size I was as size was borderline I thought I'm about 40" and usually get a 42 to give me room to move with clothes been so skinny these days.. anyway I got tape measure out and was shocked to find I was 36" around bust.. had to do it 4 times to check!! ... i've lost 4" off my boobs!

I'm kind of pleased but on other hand I don't want them to shrink too much.. would rather have the extra 4" off my tummy!

How do women keep boobs and still have skinny waists and flat tummy?

Mine are 100% silicone. Only good thing about cancer is that my boobs don't shrink anymore when the rest of me does!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    It's the way they are built!!

That's like asking how some women have hips and some don't! :noway:
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    Boobs shrink but bra technology is amazing and if you aren't satisfied there is always the plastic surgeon. I went from a 42DD to a 36D. My bosom isn't nearly as perky on its own these days, but since I can pretty much purchase a bra anywhere these days I can find exactly the equipment I want to compensate. ;)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Did your cup size change? if your cup size is smaller then your boobs are smaller. if not its just you body losing inches
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    out of interest does anyone know if you're at less risk of breast cancer if you have smaller breasts with not as much fat?

My mum and her sister both had breast cancer (and died from it)... I'm nearly same age my mum was when she got secondary leukemia after having breast cancer the first time.

No, the size of your breasts have nothing to do with your cancer risk. The cancer forms in the actual breast tissue, not in the fat. I had small breasts - still got cancer at age 37.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    they usually don't.

I went from being a 34D to a 32B. My boobs stayed propotional to my body. I don't know anyone who is my size who naturally above a C cup...
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I cried the day I went bra shopping and I grew to a D cup (and, the lady said I was almost a DD). I was so happy last year when I lost a bunch of weight and went back to a C cup :)
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    actually that is not true.... some people don't get smaller they stay the same..... i dont agree
  • Lorie66
    Lorie66 Posts: 66
    Options
    I keep looking to see if mine are shrinking and I am very disapointed when they are not...I love running and they only get in my way...I rather be a little B lol
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Every time i lose weight my boobies are the first thing to shrink up!!! sucks
    Ditto!! :explode: :sad: :explode: :sad:

Welcome to my world Ladies!:grumble: :cry:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You'll lose breast size depending on how much fat you have in there. Contrary to popular belief, breasts are NOT all fat. There is a lot of muscle tissue in there as well.

As for me, I hope to gods I lose fat in my breast. I'm having a breast reduction sometime next year, and i want to avoid the more... riskier reduction operations.

I've wanted a reduction for years.
  • janjtaylor
    Options
    timely post.

bought new bra's today. went down a measurement size not cup size.

2 months ago I needed to buy a bigger size....had tons of "fluff" over the sides and out the cups. Today at work it was sliding around and very annoying.

I have already made my peace with the departure of the "girls"...:sad:

just wish they'd take their evil sister Bertha big butt....although she is getting the hint... :grumble:
  • koko65
    koko65 Posts: 33
    Options
    When I was younger, you know before gravity took over:wink: , first place I always lost weight in was in my chest.
  • Mama2CnR
    Mama2CnR Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My boobs and butt were the first to go! :( Now if only my tummy and thighs would catch up...
  • ketrell
    ketrell Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I went from a 36C to a 38D when I gained weight. In October I bought some bras and had to get a 36D and now they are to big around the back. I had to adjust my bra straps just to make them fit. My cousin wears a 34DD and it fits very good. I also, tried on a 36C and that fit well also. I love my cleavage.