Fitness gurus need your opinion!

Does this sound okay as a weekly exercise regime? Doesn't count my incidental like chasing after toddlers or shopping or cleaning (seems weird to me that people log those?)

SUNDAY: Zumba (DVD) cardio: 40 minutes + medium paced walk up and down hill (around the block) for 20 minutes.

MONDAY: long walk half uphill half down 60 minutes medium pace

TUESDAY: resistance band training 30 minutes + walk around bigger block 30 minutes

WEDNESDAY: long walk 60 minutes medium pace

THURSDAY: Zumba 40 minutes + short walk 20 minutes medium pace

FRIDAY: long walk 60 minutes faster pace

SATURDAY: resistance band training 30 minutes + long block 30 minutes

SUNDAY: long block 30 minutes.

Does this sound ok, a good balance of high and low impact cardio as well as resistance training? Should I be doing more of a certain thing?

Please keep in mind I am Morbidly Obese so it's probably not safe to do anything extreme at the moment. I am 107kg which is 236lbs I think.

Thanks for any scrutiny!

Replies

• Oddsox
    Oddsox Posts: 2
    I would include a rest day, maybe some streaching if need be. Your body needs some time to recover and you need a day you can use if you can't make training.
  • Well that's what I sort Of figured I was doing on the Sunday, just a walk nothing else. I did if I do NOTHING then I fall out of habit
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Add 1 or 2 rest days in there, and be sure you're getting enough sleep. Also, if you're on your own for figuring out your calories, maybe have someone take an objective look. With those three, you should be well on your way.