Trying again!

Options
Every January... This time has to be different - so glad I discovered this site and BlackBerry app - so convenient and easy to use!
This is day 5 and it's going well so far, but I'm really missing my comfort foods - especially ice cream!
I've been overweight my whole life and have tried so many times to get it off with limited success. All words of encouragement welcome!

Angela

Replies

• Adobogirl
    Adobogirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I find logging everything a pain but the cheers from the members here has been shockingly motivational. Feel free to add me. We can cheer each other on. :D
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hi. I signed up last August & never logged back on. Guess I wasn't ready. Came back Jan 2 & am doing well and feeling motivated. Feel free to send a friend request.
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome Angela - If it was easy, there would be no overweight people, right? :happy:
    This site is WONDERFUL, people are suportive. Set a few simple goals/committments and keep them everyday. Like drink 64 oz water EVERYDAY! STay at or below your daily calorie goal and you'll see results. MOST IMOORTANT log everyday, everything!!!

Best Wishes and keep in touch,

Susan
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd day and have never found another program easier to use. I've done every diet you've ever heard of (and probably some you hadn't) and this seems like the perfect blend of individual choices and intelligent decision-making information. You CAN have that ice cream.... you just have to factor it in. Some people love the Skinny Cow stuff.. but for me, I'd rather save up and go to Costco once in a while for a hand-dipped ice cream bar. And I'd be willing to count it. That's where the difference is best. No one's saying "you can't".. just that "you can and here's what it will cost you". It was always coosting you something anyway. If what I said makes any sense, please feel free to add me... we're all in this together!
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    I was worried about the same thing. But once I realized that I actually am counting calories, and the ice cream is account for, I can have the ice cream, I just have to do a little more exercise to burn it off in the evening. I had a nice hot fudge sundae with my son just this afternoon, and had a salad for supper. Now my exercise videos are calling me. :-} Wishing you luck. And I total agree with the person who said enter all food you eat every day....

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • amdpei12
    amdpei12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks, everyone! This time will be different!
  • manilk
    manilk Posts: 1
    Options
    Same here, but as long as we keep trying--we are fighting. Just turned 54 yesterday and had to have a mexican feast with cake as a last hurrah. Today is day # 1. I believe in us and our ability to triumph over the foods that are destroying us! I lost 50 # between May 2011 and Dec 2011 and gained 12 # back over the holidays. I am back and ready to lose!